Former Iphone Users

johnflo88

Reaction score
Well... I've had an iPhone since the day it came out. 2g, 3g, and 3gs. While on our yearly trip to Cancun I took a swim in the ocean with the 3gs. When ATT wouldn't work with me on replacement cost and only 3 months till renewal I made the decision to try an Android based phone and get a touch for the apps/songs in iTunes.

Today is my first day with the Droid... I like it so far. To me (keep in mind I've been away for awhile) the droid is like a supercharged improvement of Windows Mobile.

My main goal is email with the ability to read, copy, and save attachments- text, MMS, and make calls.

The 3gs was getting so boring..... I can get a touch if I want to show off my pictures or listen to songs or watch movies. I really could not think of one reason I needed my iPhone for business... not one.

And the radio chipset in the iPhone has been flawed since day one. It will not switch from 3g to Edge without dropping a call....all this and the iPhone is the most expensive device on the market for phones.
I am an owner of 2 iphone 3G and I found the novelty of these devices wears off very quickly.
Thank you for writing the post for me.This almost exactly the stuff I would have written and the only thing you missed to mention is the "apple control" mentality.Have you ever run out of battery on your iphone in the middle of something, and wished you could able to replace the battery?
Who in the business world uses the iphone for business, games maybe? Your business must be very slow that you need the Iphone to play game in order to kill time. LOL' Might as well use the laptop or a respectable BB phone. The iphone is a glorified toy that's all. By the way, every phones should be able to do multi-tasking to be call a real computer phone.
The Droid could be both and reminded me of my laptop.
Finally, I bet you that the next generation iphone 4g will have multi-tasking and they cannot afford not to.The smartphone community has catches up and one notch better. :icon_ banana:

altjx

Reaction score
yeah, even if iPhone 4G does come out with removal batteries and multitasking, i still dont want it. im tired of holdin even the shape of the phone. new type of model and i'd think about it, just maybe. xD. as fast as that phone attracted me, is as fast as it got boring. there's too many apps that are worthless, in the app store, yet google voice doesnt even get approved.

Fart apps before google voice, cmon. yeah i know it replaces alot on the phone but who cares if i use google voice for dialing rather than the regular app... i paid my $199 for the iPhone already so it shouldnt matter if i use apple's default or google voice, it's not like they'll earn more money if i use their dialer.

johnflo88

Reaction score
yeah, even if iPhone 4G does come out with removal batteries and multitasking, i still dont want it. im tired of holdin even the shape of the phone. new type of model and i'd think about it, just maybe. xD. as fast as that phone attracted me, is as fast as it got boring. there's too many apps that are worthless, in the app store, yet google voice doesnt even get approved.

Fart apps before google voice, cmon. yeah i know it replaces alot on the phone but who cares if i use google voice for dialing rather than the regular app... i paid my $199 for the iPhone already so it shouldnt matter if i use apple's default or google voice, it's not like they'll earn more money if i use their dialer.
I 've been saying all along it's apple's trademark "control"

altjx

Reaction score
lol. is iPhone coming to verizon anyway after all this? when AT&T contract ends i mean

DaHarder

Reaction score
Prior to buying my DROID, I owned all three versions of the iPhone.

My biggest reasons for leaving the iPhone/AT&T were:

1. AT&T's abysmal service here in Las Vegas/Centennial Hills

2. The iPhone's (3G/3GS) horrendous battery autonomy

3. No user-replaceable battery for when the battery did go dead

4. The hideously boring Romper-Room-inspired GUI with its archaic 320 x 480 screen resolution

5. The poor-middling audio/call quality

6. The tyrannical manner in which the Apps Store is managed.

Buying a DROID eliminated each and every one of those concerns​

Last edited:

altjx

Reaction score
ty lol, wonder if apple's gonna release something to kill the droid though =\

jasonb

Reaction score
Was an Ex-Iphone user up until a month ago.

Honestly, there is nothing about the actual iPhone that I miss! I really think it was a switch for the better, and the only thing I wish the Droid had that my iPhone has is the ability to plug into my Alpine Radio in the car and use the radio for navigation.

I hardly doubt Alpine or any other manufacturer is going to give that kind of support to the motorola Droid, which dissapoints me a little, simply because I'd rather not have to buy an iPod Nano.

i have a Pioneer 880PRS model head unit (along with a completely custom sound system) in my car and i have an ipod hookup for it as well. it does suck that the Droid can't be hooked up the same way, but i bought a cord on ebay that lets me hook anything with a 3.5mm headphone jack into an Aux port on my HU. i plug the droid right into it. i keep the droid 3 notches from full volume and it sounds perfect, no complaints at all. i love being able to stream internet radio in my car. most of the time i am able to stream 192Kbps stations without any pauses to buffer. it's great.

i'm not 100% sure of this, but i am going to guess that with the Iphone docked into the car radio you probably can't stream internet radio anyway. i'm going to guess you'll only be able to play music that's on the internal memory.

thanks Verizon/Google/Motorola!!

windstrings

Reaction score

They will need to do something... they have lost their negotiating advantage.....
Before, Verizon was crawling to Apple and Apple gave the cold shoulder dragging thier feet.. now its the other way around... Verizon has little motivation to snuggle up to Apple after not striking a deal the first time..... Now they are in bed with another lover.

Unless Apple does something dramatic, they may be left out in the cold.

altjx

Reaction score

They will need to do something... they have lost their negotiating advantage.....
Before, Verizon was crawling to Apple and Apple gave the cold shoulder dragging thier feet.. now its the other way around... Verizon has little motivation to snuggle up to Apple after not striking a deal the first time..... Now they are in bed with another lover.

Unless Apple does something dramatic, they may be left out in the cold.

lmao. do you know if verizon will get iPhone anytime though? just out of curiousity, i'd have to be jumping back and forward between carriers.

windstrings

Reaction score
lmao. do you know if verizon will get iPhone anytime though? just out of curiousity, i'd have to be jumping back and forward between carriers.

It doesn't matter to me..... Now that Verizon has crawled out of the stone ages and now have a decent smartphone, I'm good for a while.... AT&T's coverage is poo poo and I"m not interested in stepping in it!..........

But when you've already stepped in it and you know what it is, its not smart to go and taste it too to see if its different!

r-dubya

Reaction score
I've had all three iphones. For it being out 3 years, it didn't come a long way at all.

From the original iphone to the iphone 3GS, the only thing new is a video camera, better camera, and faster (not by much either). That's it.

Iphone dropped the ball big time on their camera.....

Many companies including Apple and Microsoft don't have any motivation to be their own best competition and put things on the market that supersede what they already produce "unless" the market is saturated and they need to put a new frame on the same old car and sell it as new. Hence Microsoft!

Google on the other hand keeps surprising us over and over...After conquering the internet search engine area, they have moved onto and into so many areas I don't care to name them all.... just log onto your page and hit "more".

The Cell phone market is only the beginning of this Giant.. I expect them to create their on OS and get into computers, TV's you name it... they have lots of money to invest and no one better to invest it in besides themselves.

Stock holders scoffed at the price of Google and said thats crazy it will surely come down... and it only goes up!

I keep telling my friends jokingly, "Google will some day take over the world"... they have that spirit of entrepreneurship that no other company I can think of has.

Hey.. maybe someday they will start by buying Africa and make something out of that country!... they will rename it "AGoogle"! :icon_eek:

Where will Apple be in all this?.. they can buy an Island and call it "AnApple"

I think a better name for their African acquisition would be Afraoogle. Just a thought

altjx

Reaction score

It doesn't matter to me..... Now that Verizon has crawled out of the stone ages and now have a decent smartphone, I'm good for a while.... AT&T's coverage is poo poo and I"m not interested in stepping in it!..........

But when you've already stepped in it and you know what it is, its not smart to go and taste it too to see if its different!

do you think they'll get it? u didnt answr the question, lol.

windstrings

Reaction score
do you think they'll get it? u didnt answr the question, lol.

I can only guess.. who knows what negotiations go on behind closed doors.. but the deal was belabored for almost a year and then all of a sudden we see the Droid with Google.... my guess no unless something innovative comes along from Apple... whats the point?

I suppose they could get some Apple/I-phone fans who would love having a better network.

My answer is "I have no way of knowing" they never leak these things until the deal is done.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
altjx from what I have read on all the phone sites I would say it is 50/50 chance the iphone comes to verizon. With the droid out and all the other smart phones on the way apple can use verizon more than verizon could use apple. Thats not to say apple is struggling or anything they have a huge market hold but just imagine what they could do if they teamed up with verizon.

altjx

Reaction score
ah, gotcha, lol. thanks, damn. now im wondering if i should take that chance. >_<. when i got rid of my iPhone 3G, 3Gs came out, and now i bet if i get a droid, next iPhone coming out, lol. then its gonna tease me again. i think i'll wait til the next iPhone to see what i'll do. that'll give google to fix droid bugs, and it'll give me time to see if the next iPhone will be better than the droid, lol. only thing i can think of, to avoid all these cancellation fees.