Former Iphone Users

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, sometimes if you tilt it up you hear it even better - sometimes I think it sounds as good as listening to a radio.

yep, has a speaker screen all the way across the back of the unit "width wise" approx 1/3cm high....

If you cup your hand behind the droid it reflects the sound and improves the acoustics even more..... You'd be surprised.

PhoneSter

Reaction score
Like others. I loved the Iphone. ATT sucked in my area Chicago and burbs... dropped calls daily. The Iphone itself was great... I'm still new to droid, but 1st weeks impression... the iphone had a smoother operating system. I'm a mac guy and syncing was seemless.
I may consider a iphone if verizon picks up the 4g model down the road.
Back to droid... like it more and more everyday. I think in time with a few more updates, it will be perfect!
Side note.... iphone at home ran on wi fi. cuase ATT sucks
Droid at home - verizon 3g network - faster than my wi fi!
Im sure in time to come, talking to buddies with iphones... more and more they see my droid & others... they getting a bug to jump ship.. I paid to dump my att contracts (me and wife) and it was worth every penny

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
thats good to hear about the speaker phone. On january 1st the hands free law goes into effect in Oregon so that speaker phone will be handy

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
any of you christmas droids switch over from iphone? If so what do you think?

jefbystereo

Reaction score
The speaker is nothing short of amazing. I actually have to turn it down when listening to music it puts out so much sound. And as for the speaker phone, thats almost all I use when Im in a room by myself and people say its loud and clear.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes the speaker could not be better.

And since I have a Nissan I can't link it to bluetooth yet but the speaker is so good I just tap it and throw the phone on the seat next to me and they have no idea it's not bluetooth.

The speaker is nothing short of amazing. I actually have to turn it down when listening to music it puts out so much sound. And as for the speaker phone, thats almost all I use when Im in a room by myself and people say its loud and clear.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess we can thank Motorola Tech for things like the speaker. I doubt if the Nexus will have anything near as good.

NealThompson.com

Reaction score
Bento-Mac-Droid-Gmail sync?

I've got same setup - Droid and Touch. I'm thinking of getting Bento for contact/calendar management. I know it'll sync with the Touch, but I wonder if you've had any luck syncing contacts or calendars with the Droid (via Google sync, between Gmail and iCal, for example). Any advice? Thanks

i have an ipod touch that i think is fantastic, i still use it to sync bento, wish bento came to android and that would just be awesome. the other thing i like is the games on the touch.

Give me Bento and some awesome games and my Droid will be complete.

i know this is about iphone but the touch is the iphone - att = ipod touch = great device

mDroid + Verizon = awesome smartphone