Former Google exec Michelle Lee to be named Head of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Michelle-Lee.jpg

Former Google Inc. executive Michelle Lee is to head the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, a position that has been vacant for more than two years. President Obama was responsible for choosing Michelle Lee to head the patent office, having been recently approved by the Senate and was also confirmed on Monday.

Lee was head of patents and patent strategy from 2003 to 2012 at Google. She has been the acting director of the U.S. Patent Office since January of 2014. Lee officially joined the agency in 2012 as the first director of the Silicon Valley patent office headquarters.

Robert Stoll, a 29-year veteran of the agency and its commissioner of patents from 2009 to 2011, said Lee's main task will be to improve the quality of patents granted by the agency.

"Assuring better quality patents will help blunt the patent troll problem," said Stoll.

Source: Reuters

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
WOW... Way to put the player or coach into the referee seat! Geez, I'll bet Apple would have loved to have had a shot at that spot! LOL!

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I would hope that one would use integrity in a position.....

Never mind. I'll just stop right there.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
She has been there a year as acting Director. I haven't heard of any complaints...

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Good point, but note the post above yours. :)