1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Former Galaxy S owner. new DX owner. The grass IS greener on this side...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by manwiththegun, Mar 3, 2011.

1. manwiththegun

manwiththegun New Member

Hello, I'm Matt. Long story short, I am the former owner of a Captivate with which I installed several custom roms such as Cognition and perception. Let me first say I don't care what anyone says, Verizon is faster than at&t. Also, aside from the AMOLED screen the Droid X is superior to the Captivate. For now I plan on rooting my DX and removing bloat. Other than that I just want to enjoy having a high quality android handset on a network that works EVERYWHERE I go.
  2. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

Welcome to the community. Great place to learn and congrats on the X. Read up on rooting and might want to check out an app called z4root to help you root. Feel free to ask any questions. Dive on in and enjoy!
  3. manwiththegun

manwiththegun New Member

Thanks! z4root works great. Thanks for the tip. Is there a way to enable WirelessAP without flashing a custom rom? If not, what is the best rom that stays as close to stock as possible?
  4. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

Its no problem we are here to help and personally I like liberty v1.5. Close to stock but much faster and no bloatware. Also comes with the liberty toolbox. Inside that there is an addon called mynet which might help you out. You might want to give "mynet" a search also in the google search box under the search tab at the top of the page

Sent from my Liberated D2
  5. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

welcome to the forum!!

Swype with an Aloha from Hawaii
  6. lieblax

lieblax New Member

welcome to the forum, i hear that the EPIC rom is supposed to be very close to the stock rom, but with the bloatware removed
  7. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay.

Swyped from a Droid