Former Crackberry addict here

jimvol

Reaction score
hello Droid World

Up until Thursday (at Thanksgiving dinner mind you) I was a very happy Storm 1 owner. After dinner I was talking to a fellow "outlaw" of the family and asked him how he was liking his HTC Droid Eris. He told me it was broke, said that he picked up his Eris one morning after he got up and the screen was "stuck" on three droids on a skateboard. I kind of chuckled, you know, the way all us crackberry snobs do when a Droid owner has a problem. (Total joke folks).

The next thing he says is "you can have it if you want it, Verizon couldn't fix it either"

Being the tech junkie I am I said sure.

I pick it up on Friday

Reload the Operating system (not sure of the terminology) I downloaded PB00ING.zip added it to a micro SD card, hit power and volume down button and about 10-20 minutes later I had a fully functional, formally bricked HTC droid Eris, running OS 2.1. Woo Hoo!

After Nevada beat Boise State I went to bed with the Eris on charge.

I woke up the next morning and my wife (who changed from a BB curve to a Fascinate) asked me while I was getting ready if I wanted her to activate the Eris? I said sure, I will try it.

Guess What?

LOVE IT and WILL NOT go back to my Storm. dancedroid

These two do not compare at all.

-No Battery pulls,
-no freezing systems and random resets.
-this thing simply works.
-no crazy click screen.

I know that the Eris is a bottom rung Droid, but it is a superior device than any Blackberry I have ever played with.

I look forward to this new addiction and I am sure I will be asking lots of questions.

Oh, and sorry for the long 1st post.

Thanks!

JimVol

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
yes i am a formal original storm user also. made my switch recently mostly cause I can't wait for a new bb to arrive. so I waited till I found something that maybe better...and I did! enjoy ur new droid

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Damn, an ERIS is a step up from a blackberry? That's saying something!

Congrats on joining the green side, and welcome to the forums!

Droidforums.net appified!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a former BB storm 1 user also and the D2 has so many more bells and whistles and so much smoother. It has been a very smooth learning path since i am a tech lover and this site has helped tremendously. I hope this site can help you like it has me

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
J

jimvol

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. I look forward to learning everything I can about this little device. I know that my phone is rooted. I have no idea what that means. So I have a way to go for sure. Lol

Jimvol

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome to the forums! There are TONS of former crackberry members and BB users here. Me included : )

Enjoy the forums!! Glad you found us!!