Formatting the sd card?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by mjs31, Jan 26, 2010.

1. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

Ok, if I wanted to start fresh and do a factory reset, would there be any issue with also formatting the card? I cannot remember what came loaded on the card when I first got it.

Since I have had it from day one, I would like to start fresh and just load what I know I want everywhere and then root from there.

Thoughts?
  2. CDB

CDB New Member

The only issue with formatting your card is that you'll loose whatever data a particular app might have been saving for you, unless you backed it up to your PC. Past that, I can tell you with 100% certainty that you can delete everything under /sdcard with no ill effects. The phone will re-make whatever folders/files it needs to after you do a hard-reset.

I hard-reset and format the sdcard on a regular basis. I install so many apps just to play around, that uninstalling the ones I don't want still seem to leave 'traces' of the removed program behind. A hard-reset puts me back to sqaure 1 - fresh and clean.
  3. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

Thats what I figured, but wanted to make sure. I did format my phone to clear the crap out, but haven't done the card yet. Thanks for the info.
  4. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

The only thing I first remember seeing on the SD Card was the folders that were set up for the Droid's camera
Search tags for this page

cannot remember password galaxy s5 reformat sd card

droid a855 phone format sd card

roid a855 sd card format