Formating the memory card

vegastud

Reaction score
So my droid x was getting slower and freezing on me. My picture gallery would do an immediate shut down. I had put about 10GB of music on the card and have been deleting and adding the different music at will. I decided to format my memory card. I transferred all my data to my computer and then erased the card. I put the files back on. My droid x is like new! It is so fast! My gallery will open without an immediate shutdown. Hopes this helps people.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

llong314

Reaction score
How did you re-format the card? Did you have the phone do it or use your computer? I am going to re-format my card also, as my X has been acting up on me lately and I figure that "addressing" the card issue is step #1.

Thanks for any help...

OP
V

vegastud

Reaction score
I have a USB adapter for the memory card. I physically take it out and ust my PC to do everything. Just drag and drop. I format the chip with the computer, not the droid. My phone is SMOKIN' fast now.

timrock

Reaction score
I have done this also when I had the gallery issue. Worked like a charm. I always recommend it when people say their galley won't open.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

llong314

Reaction score
I have a USB adapter for the memory card. I physically take it out and ust my PC to do everything. Just drag and drop. I format the chip with the computer, not the droid. My phone is SMOKIN' fast now.

I guess what I meant was, do you format the card in fat32? Also, I assume you delete the files on the card before formating it (although formating it would delete them I guess). Then after you format it do you just put the same files right back on the card before you put it back in your X?

Again, thanks for your input...