format new sd card ?s

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got an 8gb card I want to install but when I cant get format it because it doesn't see the card.?
My question is what am I doing wrong? my omnia sees it fine. Will a Kinston not work?
Thanks for your help.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried formatting it with your computer instead? I'm not sure how that works but I've seen ppl talk about it.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
If it's the same as the D1, it's like this:
The Droid SD card shows as a drive in My Computer after you've turned on USB storage on the phone, so you just right-click on it and select format (FAT32 if not already specified). That should do it...HTH
If the card is not yet in the Droid you may need a card reader but it should work by putting it in the Droid and connecting the USB cable

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

drtnsnw

Reaction score
make sure you do a full format with the card in the computer before you try and mount it up. Mine had all sorts of issues before I formatted it and now it has worked great

Chris

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks a ton !! Being new to Android from wm I figured it would be harder than that

drtnsnw

Reaction score
No problem. Got the same advise from someone else
Chris

Sent from my incredible using Tapatalk

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok. Formatted on desktop and phone still doesn't see it and when in the phone the desktop doesn't either, thus I can't mount or format.it in the phone. Sighhh
Computer and Omnia both see it,Incredible doesn't. Is it possible the Kinston is thinner or something and not making good contact? My LG9400 was flaky like that

sent from my Incredible via Tapatalk