Forgot how sleek this phone is.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by celtic11, Aug 23, 2011.

1. celtic11

celtic11 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I got the Verizon cover/holster for my phone just a couple of days after owning my D3. My OG got all beat up from being dropped and I think was ultimately a contributor to its untimely death. Anyways yesterday I took the case off to clean off the phone and I forgot how sleek this phone is. I personally think the moto DROID line of phones are the best looking.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

2. Bixby

Bixby Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I Concur

3. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    That's one of the reasons I ditched the shell/holster combo and just went with the holster only case. I like my phone to be as thick as my phone is....not thicker from a shell/case/skin wrapped around it.

4. celtic11

celtic11 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I would much prefer a holster only setup but I work sort of in the construction industry so im trying to protect this phone a little better than my OG. Also the Verizon shell has a kickstand on the back which is really nice.

5. cp24eva

cp24eva Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I was just thinkin' this today. If feels so right and the design is so nice in my hands. In due time I think they will finally have a very sleep case that will give you just enough protection from scratches, but of course not enough from blunt force damage to the internals of the phone. Anyone know of a GOOD case that has can maintain most of the sleek style the droid 3 has?

6. AsrMatt

AsrMatt Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Skinomi TechSkin - Motorola Droid 3 Skin Protector

What about something like this? It will protect from scratches, but not blunt force. I thought about getting one of these for my Droid2, but was too late as I dropped it an put a nick in it.

7. cp24eva

cp24eva Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Bought! I'm willing to see how this works out. I had something like this for my iphone 3G and it was pretty nice. Lets just hope this thing isn't a hassle to apply. And if it works out then I'll just get a leather holster for the gym. Thanks for the link.

8. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Oh my, I love the look! When I'm at home, I always take the case off.. it's so beautiful.. :happy: lmao. But really, it does look good. People at my school love the look too(when I show it without the case). Honestly, I love the iPhone look.. and this kind of has a similar taste I like to it that kind matches it.

9. cp24eva

cp24eva Member

Ratings:
    +9
    This phone just need better network speed and it would be the shiet. Was downtown with 4 bars and speed test was like 300......couldnt get anywhere.

10. DaddysDroid

DaddysDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The QMadix case is pretty nice...I have one...but decided against using it as I love the look and feel of the 'uncased' phone...I am using a Dickies holster now.

I used the Body Glove case for my D1...loved it that way...'uncased' D1 was too small for me. And its look never appealed to me the way the D3 does.

Link to QMadix case for D3...
    http://www.amazon.com/Qmadix-QM-HLMTXT862-SO-Motorola-Droid-Holster/dp/B005CP078S

11. gdgnj

gdgnj Member

Ratings:
    +0

I have the Qmadix case/holster as well. I rarely use the holster but it is nice to have incase I do need it. The case itself is awesome, doesn't make the phone too much bigger and has a nice feel to it. This case is the only reason I haven't switched to the extended battery. I email Qmadix asking them if they are going to make the same case for the extended battery and got an email simply stating "no plans to". Damn :(

12. xaelith

xaelith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I imagine that the extended battery is about the same size as stock, since I've heard that the stock battery door will fit on over the extended battery.

Search tags for this page

qmadix droid case