Forgot Gmail Username

Tdot

Reaction score
So my phone got stolen yesterday and I've been trying to get Plan B installed onto it but I can't remember my gmail account I used to set it up.
I've purchased 1 app with that email though, is there anyway to find out what the email was using the transaction ID? I've emailed the person I have bought it from but not reply so far.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I can not think of any way to figure that out if you created a username just for the phone and then never used it.

Also, if your phone was stolen and not just lost, I doubt you will be able to install plan B. If the thief knows anything about these phones, the first thing they would do is a factory reset which removes your data and Google account info.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
T

Tdot

Reaction score
Unfortunately I can not think of any way to figure that out if you created a username just for the phone and then never used it.

Also, if your phone was stolen and not just lost, I doubt you will be able to install plan B. If the thief knows anything about these phones, the first thing they would do is a factory reset which removes your data and Google account info.

Thank you for your reply, I suppose ill try to guess the email and hope he hasn't reset it.

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, I suppose ill try to guess the email and hope he hasn't reset it.

Yeah, didn't mean to sound negative, just wanted to give you something to think about in case you figure out the email address and wonder why it is not locating your phone.

Good luck.

jokr112

Reaction score
Found way to do it!

Just so you all know, I was searching for this exact answer and could not figure out a way either. I just found a way tonight on how to do it!! I had to create an account just for this simple reason to help aid all of us out there with this problem! As long as your phone has an SD card slot, you do the following.

1) Go to phonebook, settings, import/export
2) Tap on import from SD card
3) Wait for a minute or two as it searches for v-cards on SD card
4) Tap on select multiple vcards
5) Now it gives you two options, one of them is your system backup and the other one is...WAIT FOR IT....it says, GOOGLE_usernamexx_0000. Everything between the word google and _0000 is the username of your gmail account.

Good luck everyone and I hope this works for you too!

:icon_ lala::icon_ lala: