Forget the iPad, I want a giant DROID!

gentlefury

Reaction score
wait it has no flash and they said it will take the place of your computer? ok so what the hell r they thinking i mean no you tube? or any site close to that? thats just stupid

It will still have youtube....it will do anything the iphone can do...but not much else.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Just saw this on Twitter.. couldn't resist posting it here!

5vREa.png

Dave Droid

Reaction score
I think the DROID beats the iPad definately. Who wants a big version of the iPhone? Have you seen the UI? It absolutely sucks.

But how much you want to bet Apple's flawed OS will be jailbroken in about 2 days after it's release? :icon_ devil:

Palmyra

Reaction score
After seeing the disappointing iPad, which is basically a giant iPhone, I thought it would be cool if Motorola made a giant DROID with a giant sliding keyboard. I would buy one of those, anyone else?

I am as huge an Apple fanboy as there is and even I thought this was disappointing.

This is a giant iPhone with no multitasking, no flash, no voice capability, and SMS capability.

In short, it's an iPod Touch on steroids.

Sad.

I'd be happier with the announcement of a Verizon iPhone at this point.

And if I understand it correctly, no GPS in the WiFi only version.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now i think about it, if i was att and I was horded into carrying an oversized ipod touch I would demand an exclusive deal with apple for the iphone also.

zakany

Reaction score
For a tablet PC, I'd rather run a Linux distro, Mac OS or Windows. Probably in that order, since I like security without CPU-sapping anti-virus programs in the background sniffing at everything.

I wouldn't want Android as it is presented on the Droid no more than I'd lust after a huge iPod.

jasonb

Reaction score
how can it NOT multi-task? this is 2010!!!!

gentlefury

Reaction score
I have to admit that apple has been the poster child of innovation. They started to launch home pcs, then come pcs to the home. The launch thinkpads (laptops), pc follows. The biggest jump in technology was the ipod which brought along mp3 players. The iphone allowed for internet and had apps and the ipod. Apple innovation had lead the world into a new way of thinking. Heck we would not have the droid if it wasnt for the iphone.
With that said I do not know, well I do know where they were going but the took a great idea and watered it down with restrictions. Now dell, toshiba, or hp is going to take the same concept and add the flash and multitouch and features apple refuse to add and take advantage of apple's arrogance.

Really?

IBM had the first laptop computer

Diamond Rio was the first mp3 player available in the US

Palm and Windows Mobile both had touch screen phones with apps and tons of software long before the iphone came along

Jeff Han invented multi-touch and licensed it to both apple and microsoft

MP3.com started selling music online years before iTunes Store opened.

Tablet PC's were all the rage in the 90's

Xerox invented the window based OS that both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates based their OS's on!

The list goes on and on....apple doesn't innovate they just have better marketing teams.

holdout

Reaction score
5vREa.png

OMG! I lol'd so hard i started crying!! that is to funny. My dogs here at my house started looking at me i was laughing so hard!!

That is too funny!!- Thanks for posting!!

justbob

Reaction score
You guys are missing the point.

The iPad is aimed at people who own a smart phone but don't own a full-fledged computer or a laptop and are looking to step up a bit. Here they get a bigger form factor and e-reader capability all wrapped up in the iPhone OS that they already know and love. It's F-ing brilliant, and Apple is going to sell a gazillion of them.

Phoxus

Reaction score
You guys are missing the point.

The iPad is aimed at people who own a smart phone but don't own a full-fledged computer or a laptop and are looking to step up a bit. Here they get a bigger form factor and e-reader capability all wrapped up in the iPhone OS that they already know and love. It's F-ing brilliant, and Apple is going to sell a gazillion of them.

Oh we get it, it's a big screened ipod with a new store added to itunes.