forget gingerbread....HONEYCOMB

KhrizG35

Reaction score
okay so i know this is a crazy idea to even think about but several phones like for example the droid incredible can run honeycomb but its not the same as the tablet. now stay with me, what if they made a rom with honeycomb compatible with the whole droid phones? honeycomb rom that is fully functional? are their any devs working on a project like this?

phishfi

Reaction score
I thought honeycomb was strictly tablet... in fact I thought it was strictly tablet with dual core and a graphics card...?

Sent from my "Stock" DX

OP
KhrizG35

KhrizG35

Reaction score
im not sure but to my knowledge the version of honeycomb ported to the droid incredible is different from the tablet one, but i wonder if what google announce is true, that android new update in a few months (ice cream) will basically be honeycomb and gingerbread together hmmm

Reaction score
im not sure but to my knowledge the version of honeycomb ported to the droid incredible is different from the tablet one, but i wonder if what google announce is true, that android new update in a few months (ice cream) will basically be honeycomb and gingerbread together hmmm

From what I have heard Honeycomb is officially only for tablets, meaning that there will be no official ROM's released by any manufactures for smartphones. This doesn't mean that it wont run on a smartphone or that there ins't a way to create a custom ROM with it. Although probably not likely on the X because of the boot loader.

I'm not sure if Ice Cream is official or not. I do believe however, they are working on combining the tablet and smartphone versions to have a single version for both at some point.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
Well the way I see it, Gingerbread should've been out on most phones by the holidays (hence gingerbread) I would think ice cream would be out this summer, but if it goes anything like gingerbread, MAYBE we'll get gingerbread by summer, and Ice Cream by the end of the year. I guess we can consider ourselfs lucky, the Galaxy S line up is still waiting for Froyo LOL. and to top it off, the Fascinate's car dock using the USB to port the sound out to a 3.5mm jack... Which is doesn't work without 2.2, so they really got screwed. I'll take my locked bootloader droid X over that anyday.

But back to the topic... Honeycomb would be cool to see on an X, I'm sure there will be themes to make it look like it, just like we have gingerbread themes out now for ADW and such, but I wouldn't count on an official Honeycomb ROM

phishfi

Reaction score
Shoot man... how long has gingerbread been out? And still not on the DX. and that's actually made for phones, honeycomb is a tablet specific build. It would be like loading windows mobile on this thing

Sent from my "Stock" DX