foreign language keyboard

mbd4524

Reaction score
Is there any way to add this? I travel a lot and I was hoping to have the option of adding a keyboard in a different language for typing emails. I would primarily be interested in Hebrew.

Jackooze

Reaction score
I am having the same issue, I downloaded a few Russian keyboards to see if it would work in landscape mode. Nothing would work. Looking for solution also.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Try the "a better keyboard" app. It is 2.99 from the market but you can download font packages. You may find your hewbrew and Russian fonts that way.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Jackooze

Reaction score
Try the "a better keyboard" app. It is 2.99 from the market but you can download font packages. You may find your hewbrew and Russian fonts that way.

How is this app any different from the others ? When i downloaded the free ones they do not work in landscape mode.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Using it in landscape mode as we speak... now I don't know completely if the font packages will have hewbrew and russian, I would look into it first, but it does work in landscape

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Just checked out the market, language pack 2 for a better keyboard has the russian language as we'll as 3-4 others.
The language pack is a free download, but you have to have the keyboard app

OP
M

mbd4524

Reaction score
Using it in landscape mode as we speak... now I don't know completely if the font packages will have hewbrew and russian, I would look into it first, but it does work in landscape

Anybody have any luck with this yet?
Are you able to do add a different language keyboard on other android phones?

OP
M

mbd4524

Reaction score
Is there any way to add this? I travel a lot and I was hoping to have the option of adding a keyboard in a different language for typing emails. I would primarily be interested in Hebrew.
Anybody come up with a solution for this yet?

OP
M

mbd4524

Reaction score
Downloaded smart keyboard pro and then Hebrew. Works great. Thanks Semya!

OP
M

mbd4524

Reaction score
My only issue I have now is, my voice to text (for writting emails) no longer works. This is even when I am not in landscape mode. The only way for me to use it is to switch from smart keyboard to the stock one.

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

sugarnova

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks so much for posting the solution! I downloaded it on my husband's Pro and it works like a charm!

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX using DroidForums App