1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ford Sync

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by hcarrero, Oct 4, 2011.

1. hcarrero

hcarrero New Member

I have a 2010 Ford F-150. I recently synced my Droid 3 with my truck using a special pin. My phone calls are perfect and so is the audio when I use Pandora. My only issue is using the stock music app. The music will play but stop and than start again several times during a song. Any fixes for this. Im using the latest OTA update.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  2. jonamurphy

jonamurphy New Member

Not sure of a fix, but I had the exact same Bluetooth issues when I rented a Ford Edge bout a month ago. Handsfree phone was perfect, but music was very slow to start playing and was very choppy.

I switched to Songbird instead of the default player since then and it seems to play better over Bluetooth in my wife's Altima. You may want to give that a shot.

Overall, I was less than impressed with Sync. Like many things Microsoft, it took way too many clicks through menus and things to do simple things like change the climate control temperature or radio station. I'm sure I'd get used to it eventually, but it was dangerous to fiddle with while driving. I also found the steering wheel controls (with the 2 sets of directional arrows for the LCD dashboard) to be ridiculously tedious to go through the menus, as well. Hopefully the system in your F-150 is a bit less over the top.
  3. hcarrero

hcarrero New Member

Tried Songbird and I get the same results.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  4. scott396

scott396 New Member

Make sure your wifi is off... worked for me. No skips, no pauses

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  5. hcarrero

hcarrero New Member

As weird as it sounds, turning the WiFi off on the phone worked. I don't understand why, but it did. Thanks.
Search tags for this page
2010 f150 sync to droid 4
droid 3 messaging and ford sync
ford edge 08 bluetooth sync android droid3
how to keep a 2010 ford f150 synced to android phone
how to send music from galaxy s3 to 2011 ford truck
how to sync a galaxy s3 with my truck

how to sync droid 4 phone with f150 truck

how to sync droid m with f150
how to sync droid with ford truck
how to sync my droid bionic to my ford truck

how to sync my droid to my truck