FORD SYNC Issues

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by ndn83, Aug 13, 2011.

1. ndn83

ndn83 New Member

I am able to pair my Charge with the SYNC system on my 2010 Ford Expedition but when I try to make or receive a call through the SYNC it can't find a phone. I will tell it to conncect a blutetooth device and it will then find my phone but cannot connect. I have already tried all the troubleshooting suggestions I could find with SYNC and I have tried to make sure that I have all the correct settings on my phone. Anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve it?
  2. ndn83

ndn83 New Member

Possible Solution

This is the latest and best thing I have found so far. Since I last logged into FORD Sync my subscription was suspended...I didn't know that you had to renew a free service???? That could be one of the reasons I have been having trouble. So, I renewed that and now I'm good until July 2013. Also, a common thing I have found on other forums is to turn off the auto download of the phone book after you have synced the phone and the phone book has been downloaded the first time. I'm praying this works!
  3. roboman342

roboman342 New Member

What they've been doing with all the newer Ford models is telling people to bring in their vehicles so they can update the software on the vehicle. So be prepared for that piece of mail one day. Used to work at a ford dealership and you wouldn't believe all the problems with Android devices we had. OF COURSE Apple syncs up right away...

"Durr can you bring in yo ford so we can download stuff to it kthnx -Henry Ford".
  4. ndn83

ndn83 New Member

Well, I hope I get a letter because I am STILL having trouble with it! Thanks for the heads up.
  5. Mustang02

Mustang02 Well-Known Member

6. ndn83

ndn83 New Member

I had already gone to syncmyride to check to see if I was updated. Everything is showing that it is installed. The version I have right now is Gen1-V3.1. I downloaded that one in July 2010. I was hoping the update mentioned before was something else that only they could do. ARGH
Search tags for this page
cant sync s4 with ford sync
droid x cant see ford sync

ford sync and galaxy s4

ford sync cannot connect galaxy s3 problem

ford sync galaxy s4

galaxy 4 ford sync
galaxy s 3 ford sync toubleshoot
how to sunc galaxy s4 to ford escape
problem using galaxy 3 as media device in ford sync
s4 media issue ford sync
samsung galaxy s4 and ford escape 2011 sync