1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Forcing Apps to SD Card w/Titanium

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by breakingjessica, Jun 13, 2010.

1. breakingjessica

breakingjessica New Member

Has anyone had good luck forcing their apps to their SD card with Titanium Backup? I moved a few over (only ones that are used infrequently and don't have widgets or monitor any system stuff), namely Google Earth and Google Sky, and they open and close fine. I have to re-start Launcher Pro when I move stuff to the SD in order for them to show up in the app drawer, but I think that's widely known.

Anyway, the only thing I did notice was that when I'm viewing the SD card/phone storage in settings, the numbers seem off. For example, Google Earth is like 22mb. When I initially download it, my available internal memory goes down by about 22 when I check it. But when I move it to my SD card and look again, I only have about 10 mb more available storage than I did prior to moving it. So logically, I'm like WTF. So I moved everything back to my phone (actually I uninstalled Google Earth cause who the hell has 22 MB to spare for that?!)

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or better yet, if there's a perfectly good reason for it. Or more likely, if I should just leave everything on my phone until apps2SD the froyo way is fine-tuned.

Oh, on another note, if we'll no longer need to use a partition, is there an easy way to delete the partition, preferably from the phone?

Sorry so long. I talk a lot. Thanks!

Edit to add - posting this in here because I've only forced apps over when using Pete's ROM so far.
  2. tdog7879

tdog7879 New Member

im curious about this too
  3. Bxrider117

Bxrider117 New Member

I noticed the same thing. When I moved my apps2sd using the Root Explorer way that was posted in another forum. Only part of the apps mbs were moved. A portion remained on the phone. I do not know if this is part of Froyo, but whne I was running Jrummy's remix 2.1 with apps2sd, all of the app was on my sd card.

I would be curious to know the science behind it as well.
Search tags for this page
can you use titanium backup to move apps to sd
does titanum backup move apps to sd card
forcing droid bionic to scan sd card
how do i move apps from my phone storage to my sd card in ti
how move app to sd card titanium backup
how to move apps to sd card with titainium backup ?

how to move apps to sd card with titanium backup

how to move apps to sd on s4 with titanium

how to move apps to sdcard with titanium backup

how to move facebook to sd card android using titanium backu
move app to sd titanium backup
move apps to sd with titanium backup

titanium backup move to sd card

titanium move apps to sd card
using titanium backup pro to move apps to external sd