Force Quit Messaging

Rclavette005

Reaction score
On very often occasions my messaging dumps all the previous messages and erases everything and comes up with a message saying it had to force quit.

Why is it doing this, and what can I do to change this?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On very often occasions my messaging dumps all the previous messages and erases everything and comes up with a message saying it had to force quit.

Are you using the stock messaging app or something like Chomp SMS or Handcent? And welcome to the forum, Rclavette005!

OP
R

Rclavette005

Reaction score

Are you using the stock messaging app or something like Chomp SMS or Handcent? And welcome to the forum, Rclavette005!
I am using regular stock messaging app, and thank you.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anyone answer that for me?

Sorry, I didn't forget about you. It may be this: Issue 5669 - android - Droid deleting all Messaging/SMS conversation threads at random or triple sending - Project Hosting on Google Code. Or if you have Advanced Task Killer installed, I would suggest that you remove ATK. At least long enough to see if it is the problem. If it is killing an app or process that is critical to the messaging app that could cause this behavior. If it continues to happen you could always reinstall. It may be that it is killing a process and that is what is causing your force close problem. Hope this helps.

OP
R

Rclavette005

Reaction score

Sorry, I didn't forget about you. It may be this: Issue 5669 - android - Droid deleting all Messaging/SMS conversation threads at random or triple sending - Project Hosting on Google Code. Or if you have Advanced Task Killer installed, I would suggest that you remove ATK. At least long enough to see if it is the problem. If it is killing an app or process that is critical to the messaging app that could cause this behavior. If it continues to happen you could always reinstall. It may be that it is killing a process and that is what is causing your force close problem. Hope this helps.
Whats ATK? Could you provide a simple step process I am still yet to get used to the phone yet.

OP
R

Rclavette005

Reaction score
Yeah it erases my messages too, whats the solution for it?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Whats ATK? Could you provide a simple step process I am still yet to get used to the phone yet.

ATK is Advanced Task Killer. If you have it installled, fo to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > look for Advanced Task Killer Free in the list and touch it, then choose Uninstall and then OK and OK and the app will be gone.