Force Closing

Plastics

Reaction score
I am sure this has been discussed, and I appologize for not being to find the thread.

Today I tried to answer an incoming call, attempted to slide to unlock and received an sorry android has to force close. I lost the call, and no "missed call" appeared or could I find out who was calling.

Is it operator error or phone error ?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Phone....I've seen a few posts on this...

JayMonster

Reaction score
Most likely phone or apps based problem. What apps do you have installed?

OP
P

Plastics

Reaction score
Astro, Blockx3D, Cnet scanning,Jewels,Shopp Savey,Weather Channel,Advanced Task Killer

JayMonster

Reaction score
First thing *I* would do (however there are those that may think differently) is to uninstall ATK.

If that alone doesn't do it, I would guess that another data source on your phone had been corrupted. So in that case the next step would be to do a factory reset. Get everything back to pristine condition and reinstall everything *except* ATK.

OP
P

Plastics

Reaction score
I thought ATK was a good app to manage and close out those apps that you are not using to save battery. What app would you then recommend. Plus if I Delette Astro,won't I loose my pictures? Is factory reset just turning the phone off,pulling the battery,and then turning back on?

JayMonster

Reaction score
well, Backnblack has already answered the question of "what" to replace it with. It is not that ATK is actually a bad program, but simply closing out programs without knowing why they are still running, or what connections they may have open (and what will happen if you brute force close them)is a bad idea. Android does a fine job on its own handling memory... let it do its job.

Astro is a File Manager. That is all. You will not lose anything (other than the ability to browser your file system) once you uninstall it. You pictures will remain.

To do a Factory Data Reset
From the Desktop go to Menu>Settings>Privacy

The last option is Factory data reset.

You will not lose pictures or things stored on your SD card, but you will need to remap any mail accounts and reinstall you other applications (as noted above)

OP
P

Plastics

Reaction score
Thanks. I will uninstall ATK and let the Droid handle th apps. If force closing still occur I'll factory re-set and re-load apps one at a time. If I still have problems I will seek your advice again.