Force closes

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by AndyMan, May 19, 2010.

1. AndyMan

AndyMan New Member

Hey,

Not sure if I should have posted this here or not, but I am running 1.0, and recently have noticed many FC's. on a fresh reboot I am getting FC on photoshop (which i should delete, never even use it) and Voice Search. Then In the email program (not gmail) when I pick an email to read I am getting that the app stopped working unexpectedly, and the emails will not open..

Any ideas?
  2. chomorro

chomorro New Member

Im a new rooter but i say do a fresh wipe and clean install. I just did it to try out the smoked glass theme and it was super easy. First did full app and data backup with titanium, then I wiped data twice using clockwork (installed from rom manager, otherwise would ahve used sprecovery), fresh install of the rom. Then restored all data and apps via titanium. Rebooted and everything was back to the way it was except for the widgets.

I havent had any FC's out side of what was FCing on my non rooted 2.1 anyways :).
  3. joshdub223

joshdub223 New Member

hey dude.

on the original download thread for BB 1.0 there was a link for an email and mms fix (update.zip)

Email & Mms App Updates (5/2/10)

see if that helps your email
  4. AndyMan

AndyMan New Member

I have ran that before, which I think the fixes was geared towards fixing the led colors.. this is a new problem however, I have been running the 1.0 since pete released it. So why all the sudden the problems, I dont know
  5. pck

pck New Member

I am having the same issue with email. Please post if you find a resolution!
  6. nathan312

nathan312 New Member

I'm getting the problem of FC's on Voice Search a lot right now...i'm about to wipe d&c and go to stock BB v1.0 w/ stock by google and only 1ghz OC and see how that runs...keepin it simple lol
  7. li2327

li2327 New Member

I've been getting force closes on my instant messengers and pandora. Its really becoming a pain.
  8. ASN-121

ASN-121 New Member

My phone went nuts last weekend. I've been getting a lot of force closes on Messaging/Handcent. My phone ended up erasing all my texts, then they magically reappeared on Monday, but only up to May 12th.
    Also received a sync error yesterday morning, so my emails aren't updating properly.