Force Close when viewing Exchange calendar events

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by ToMaC82, Feb 19, 2011.

1. ToMaC82

ToMaC82 New Member

I recently switched from BB5 to GPA11 + Slayher kernel (w/ wipe). Everything is running great except for some exchange calendar events. Upon opening them up I get a force close. The ones that crash out look like they are events with other people attending and events that I have accepted from other people. But there is one event with other people that will open fine for some reason. So, i'm not really sure exactly what is causing this.

Google calendar events don't seem to produce the error only exchange events. I upgraded to GPA12 today and there is no difference. Is anyone able to reproduce this?

Regards,
    Derek
  2. michael_campbell

michael_campbell New Member

This might not be related, but with GPA11 I couldn't even SEE Exchange events. Google calendar was fine; contacts and mail from Exchange was fine, but no calendar events.
  3. ToMaC82

ToMaC82 New Member

I think we've discovered something here. There's definitely some Exchange weirdness going on with the calendar.

I think we need to have everybody that's connecting to an Exchange server share their findings. Whether you're experiencing the same problems, or no problems at all. Please contribute to this thread so we can hopefully get this fixed. In my line of work, not having access to the corporate Exchange calendar is a showstopper.
  4. ToMaC82

ToMaC82 New Member

Just an update. I changed to Pete's low-voltage 1Ghz kernel and I'm still running into the force-closes.
  5. rkeller62

rkeller62 Member

I am having no problems accessing my exchange calendar. I have opened events with multiple people invited that I accepted, not created with no problem.

Running GPA12 with Pete's latest 1Ghz lv kernel.
  6. ToMaC82

ToMaC82 New Member

Interesting, could you tell me your exchange/outlook versions?

7. rkeller62

rkeller62 Member

The outlook client on my company laptop is 2007, since I am not in IT for my company I am not sure what version off exchange server we are using. Is there an easy way to find out?

8. ToMaC82

ToMaC82 New Member

I don't think so, but I too am no exchange admin.

9. ToMaC82

ToMaC82 New Member

Is there something that I can submit to someone who knows more about this type of thing? The crash report says the following.

Exception class name: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Source file: ContactsAsyncHelper.java
    Source class: com.android.calendar.ContactsAsyncHelper
    Source method: updateImageViewWithContactPhotoAsync
    Line #: 153

Maybe it has something to do with the contacts photo?
  10. ToMaC82

ToMaC82 New Member

I have found that all my calendar events that crash were sent to me by people that have a contact photo within exchange (same on phone). For example if someone from my exchange contacts with a picture sends me a calendar event, it will crash. If someone sends me an even that does not have a contact picture, it opens fine.

Can you test this and see if we can get some consistency?

11. kenman

kenman New Member

Exchange Not Syncing

I also have been seeing an issue with exchange but my issue relates to the email push. I haven't noticed any FCs. I'm currently using GPA12 with the 1ghz kernal from Peter. Everything seems to working great except exchange seems to stop pushing emails to me after a few hours with the screen off. I especially notice it overnight as I wake up to no new emails but sometimes if I don't touch my phone during the day for a few hours it'll stop pushing emails as well. For a temporary solution I can go into the account settings, uncheck sync calendar, recheck it, give it a couple minutes and the emails sync up.

For a permanent solution I've attempted to remove the exchange account and readd it with no help. Not sure if a wipe and reflash will clear it up or if its just a kernel issue?