Force close issues

randizzard

Reaction score
Ok I'm still running apex 1.4.1 and I have been getting the force close on the start up after reboot and continuing to reboot cycle. I am also having some force close issues with a few apps...i.e. Armored strike online paid version and gun bros. Now my question is this....is there an update or is there a "fix permissions" options within apex anywhere. Any info advice or guesses are accepted. Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Kimo91

Reaction score
I'm starting to get force close messages too mainly on reboot about once every 10 or so reboots. Loving this ROM build though

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've gotten a couple of spontaneous reboots on 1.4.0...no FCs to speak of.

OP
randizzard

randizzard

Reaction score
Yea well I dunno if I should start fresh or what because I really like the set up I have lol....still waiting to hear from fab.

Kimo91

Reaction score
I did a wipe and reloaded 1.4.1 and still get the occasional force close and hopefully the next update fixes that issue

efexay

Reaction score
flashed the update, rebooted just fine. updated my overclock values at boot (low voltage, 1.2ghz-400mhz) via Jrummy's oc for Droid2 and rebooted. getting the following after the APEX splash screen:

Sorry!
Process system is not responding.

[Force Close] [Wait]

I've tried both options to no avail. Also tried getting into Clockwork Recovery via these 4 methods and nothing works.

Boot Into Recovery From Power Off State

please help..

OP
randizzard

randizzard

Reaction score
Ok when u get that force close on system startup, just click wait, then press and hold power, then hit reboot....sometimes it will boot into recovery while other times it will just reboot. This cycle was supposed to be fixed in the 1.4.1 version but its still there.

efexay

Reaction score
Ok when u get that force close on system startup, just click wait, then press and hold power, then hit reboot....sometimes it will boot into recovery while other times it will just reboot. This cycle was supposed to be fixed in the 1.4.1 version but its still there.

last time i had this issue it was a totally different ROM. I wiped data/cache and crossed my fingers. just did the same thing and it came back up. I hope this version is stable. going to try rebooting a few times to see what happens. in any event, I should be able to restore my backup now at least if I don't like it.

OP
randizzard

randizzard

Reaction score
Other roms I'm not to sure about the loop but I know for apex this works, this is a very stable rom compared to most I've tried. Although with any custom theme, rom, and/or mod there will be a few bugs but all u can do is take note and report the bug to the devs and hope for an update.

jkcm725

Reaction score
sucks that fab will not get this fixed since hes done with the droid x, i end up having to try and reboot 10 to 16 times to get it to boot with out a force close.

bobstro

Reaction score
sucks that fab will not get this fixed since hes done with the droid x, i end up having to try and reboot 10 to 16 times to get it to boot with out a force close.
Did you try disabling the OC and sysctrl scripts? Once I turned those off, 1.4.1 worked fine on my Droid 2. I did go back to 1.4.0 simply because it was so stable. It seemed that any overclocking I did didn't play well with Fab's 1.4.1.

- Bob

Last edited: