Force Close Issues since operating system update

snappa

Reaction score
New to forum, Help needed - Force Close Issues since operating system update

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've browsed before, but never posted. It's new and a little challenging for someone a little older. I have the original droid and it worked great until the operating system updated. I downloaded Touchdown to use with outlook through exchange and it worked like a charm for 9+ months. When they updated the operating system, I started having issues. It runs slowly, it constantly freezes and requires me to force close on all functions related to touchdown. My son has the same phone, but does not use touchdown. He's having similar issues requiring to force close different applications. I've seen several references to rooting the phone but I have no idea what that means or if it is even possible for a less then tech savvy person. Here are some questions: Does anyone have any suggestions so that i can get back to normal usage of email, calendar, tasks, ect... through exchange? Is Android working on adjusting their system to correct for these issues or am i on my own? I tried to avoid utilizing gmail, however, is sending all information for calendar, contacts, email, tasks through gmail a way to fix this or will i run into similar issues? I'm kind of screwed if i cannot use my phone for calendar, contacts and email at least. I apprecaite any an all suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry you and your son are having issues. Unfortunately, you are not the only ones that have experienced issues after installing the update. I have a rooted Droid so I am not having any issues. There is a very large thread in the general discussion section for members like you. I wish I had better news.

OP
S

snappa

Reaction score
Thanks for you reply. Since i am a novice to the forum, could you help me to navigate to the thread that you referred to? Thanks

eddiemro

Reaction score
Not sure if its related but both my wife and I were having problems with having to force close certain apps on the D1. I downloaded advance task killer and we both kill task frequently and have not had any issues with having to force close anything since. Maybe its coincidence but its working for both of us.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed about uninstalling the Task Killer

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App :wink: