Force close at setup wizard, every time!

mills

Reaction score
Please help! Original Motorola Droid.

I have tried just about everything I can imagine. I originally rooted my droid, installed clockwork using rom manager and installed kangerade. It was great and everything worked fine.

Upgraded to lithium mod, that was great too. One day I decided to switch to droid X theme under lithium mod, the install went fine, rebooted and as I complete the setup I got a message that the setup wizard has force closed. At this point I could not do anything beyond this screen. Rebooted into recovery and tried wiping everything and installing the rom again. Same thing happened with the setup wizard force closing. I went through recovery and tried everything I could, now my phone would not boot past the M logo.

Using RSDlite, I reflashed my phone back to stock 2.01 and then a stock 2.2. Rooted again, rom manager again, SP recovery again, lithium mod again, and SAME PROBLEM, a force close at setup wizard!

What do I do now?

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
its because no one in lithium removed provision. just delete that apk from system/app inside of the update.zip and re flash it.

OP
M

mills

Reaction score
its because no one in lithium removed provision. just delete that apk from system/app inside of the update.zip and re flash it.

Thank you, well, I'll admit I don't know what provision IS but I do understand your instructions on how to remove it.

Anyway, I went and installed the rom manually from recovery rather than through rom manager, and that worked. Should I continually use this method from now on then, even for installing goodies and other fixes? Or is rom manager okay for those?