Force Bluetooth When Making a Docked Call?

jim8el

Reaction score
Wasn't sure how to title this...

I have a Razr Maxx HD and a Motorola Car Dock. My car is an '09 Honda Accord. I can make a call through the car's "Hands Free Link", but Honda's implementation is cumbersome to say the least and requires that I download my Contacts to the car whenever I add or make a contact change if I want it to be current. So, usually, just tap the contact on the phone and tap call. At this point I have to wait for the call to start, then tap the speaker icon on the call screen then select bluetooth at the pop up menu.

Is there a way to make the call automatically connect via bluetooth when Docked, and paired without all those extra selections. Hope this is clear. Thanks.

Jim

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, considering my Ford F-150 Platinum does this without any intervention from me (MyFord Touch), the answer is yes, it can be done. Whether your car's head unit is designed that way and is capable of it or not remains to be discovered.

When I get into my truck and start the motor, my phone immediately begins wirelessly streaming the music track that I was listening to the last time I shut the car off, and syncs right up for phone calls. If I need to make a call, I can do it from the phone, or from the touch screen head unit, and the sound is automatically routed through the system in the car.

You must keep Bluetooth on in the background for this to work that way. This means leaving Bluetooth on all the time, or remembering to turn it on a short time before getting into the car.

OP
J

jim8el

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply FoxKat.

Well Honda's implementation of bluetooth in the '09 is a bit halfa$$ed. It doesn't do bt music streaming at all, so any fix will have to be on the android side. What I am after is someway to use certain triggers that force the call over BT so I don't have to connect, tap the screen and then select BT. Something like...if the phone is docked, then use BT for all calls. BTW I leave bt active all the time on my phone and when it recognizes my car it automatically connects whenever I start the car.

As I said, and I repeat only for clarity, for me to make a call over the cars hands free system, I place the call via the phone app, wait a sec or two for it start ringing, then press the speaker icon which pops up a menu. At the bottom of that menu is a selection for bluetooth which I tap to select. This then routes the call through the car's stereo. A cumbersome process to say the least.

Droid621

Reaction score
Wasn't sure how to title this...

I have a Razr Maxx HD and a Motorola Car Dock. My car is an '09 Honda Accord. I can make a call through the car's "Hands Free Link", but Honda's implementation is cumbersome to say the least and requires that I download my Contacts to the car whenever I add or make a contact change if I want it to be current. So, usually, just tap the contact on the phone and tap call. At this point I have to wait for the call to start, then tap the speaker icon on the call screen then select bluetooth at the pop up menu.

Is there a way to make the call automatically connect via bluetooth when Docked, and paired without all those extra selections. Hope this is clear. Thanks.

Jim

Jim,

What car dock are you using? I too have a maxx hd and am in the process of trying to find the right dock...

I unfortunately can offer no insight as to a solution.. although my 08 Titan links up automatically also..

Russ

KaChow

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply FoxKat.

Well Honda's implementation of bluetooth in the '09 is a bit halfa$$ed. It doesn't do bt music streaming at all, so any fix will have to be on the android side. What I am after is someway to use certain triggers that force the call over BT so I don't have to connect, tap the screen and then select BT. Something like...if the phone is docked, then use BT for all calls. BTW I leave bt active all the time on my phone and when it recognizes my car it automatically connects whenever I start the car.

As I said, and I repeat only for clarity, for me to make a call over the cars hands free system, I place the call via the phone app, wait a sec or two for it start ringing, then press the speaker icon which pops up a menu. At the bottom of that menu is a selection for bluetooth which I tap to select. This then routes the call through the car's stereo. A cumbersome process to say the least.

Here is what I use, which is Bluetooth Auto Connect I really don't use it for music streaming. But it is a solid choice not only for establishing a connection, maintaining that connection, setting priorities through different devices and even turns Bluetooth off which is nice to have. But check it out and see if it works for you.