For those with extended batteries......

Dukins

Reaction score
I just received my extended battery case from htc pedia
thumbnail_1261_752.png

Just a short review of the red extended battery case.

One word "AWESOME". I was concerned about the case adding extra girth onto the already huge phone, but to my surprise it doesn't seem to add any extra weight. The reason being is the case is just a gel shell (if you will). It covers out the outtermost of the phone.

The phone in the back is still exposed for the extended battery part which is a negative. You could still drop the phone on the back and damage the battery cover. I was anticipating that the whole phone would be covered. IMO if you would buy a regular verizon red gel case and cut the back out of the case you will have yourself an extended battery case without the added cost.

If you are the type that needs an otter box type of case this is NOT for you, again the back is exposed.

If you have any questions ill be happy to answer any.

FYI posted on a few different forums so if you see at a few different places, yep its me lol.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I did the "cut the back out for the extended battery" trick on my Droid X. Granted it wasn't as pretty but it worked.

How much was this?

I bought a skin for the back so at least it would have some protection.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Most times when you drop the phone it isn't going to land completely flat on its back anyway. So I like the idea of the outer shell. Plus it affords thee screen a little protection from falls as well. Great idea to not add heft and keep it from docking in the docks made for it.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just ordered one for me and my GF's phone. I did the "hack" job to the standard rubber case, and it works but it is not as pretty, so I just went ahead and ordered these. Wish I had seen this before I took a knife to mine. hehe

cp24eva

Reaction score
Seems that the HTC device is getting some attention. Was waiting for the extended battery case for the BIONIC that wasn't sold by verizon for a while. This phone is barely out and they already have a solution. Good job.

SEColwell

Reaction score
My extended battery is due here tomorrow....I am gonna try to mod ny otter box to make that fat back fit

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums