1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

For those who use the Multimedia Dock...

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by mitchb2, Mar 13, 2010.

1. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

What case do you use for your Droid?
  2. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Beta Team

The multimedia dock is an exact form factor for the Droid. In other words, you can't use it with a case on it. I know Seido makes a decent Multimedia dock that works with their case.
  3. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

Right. So any snap-on case is out. That's why I'm wondering what kinds of cases people are using for easy access to the dock and car mount.

I don't know if I should go with a Monaco or PDAir metal case and just use the belt clip.

I don't like going without a case. It's been too many months and I feel like I'm tempting fate. :)
  4. jasonb

jasonb New Member

my droid is naked.
  5. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

I keep my Droid in my shirt pocket, but it's so heavy. It sags my shirt down like an old-lady boob.
  6. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Beta Team

I also dont have anything on my Droid either, Au Naturel baby.
  7. rusray

rusray New Member

I use the Verizon Leather Side Pouch. Makes it where I have SOME protection, but I just slide it out of that at night to drop into the dock.
  8. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

So do you guys keep your phone in your shirt pocket, too?
  9. jasonb

jasonb New Member

yup, i like my Droid like i like my women..... naked. :)
  10. cuskit

cuskit New Member

No! Snap covers are NOT OUT! You can use any Snap Cover on a MIKRADLE (custom snap model for this use)!

You have hit on exactly why I returned my Moto Dock one week after purchasing it! I use the VZW Gel Cover (similar to the Body Glove) and was exasperated with having to constantly remove it. At the time - there were NO alternatives - nothing offered that would work with a cover. Hence I went to work and began manufacturing MIKRADLE - which will accommodate ALL covers - no exceptions! I found myself in plenty of company - once I started marketing these the orders flooded in! If you've been following the threads here on the forums - no doubt you've heard the word many times.

I'm just too nervous to use my Droid without a cover. I find it's not worth the risk - so MIKRADLE has made it possible to take my choice of any cover I wished for. I will say that I've tried a few - but keep coming back to the Gel Cover. Not that there is anything wrong with most of the others out there - just my personal choice. I use it about 80% of the time. With warm weather coming up, and no large jacket pockets to carry it in, I'll be started to use a leather cover with a belt clip I purchased - I don't like old lady boobs! :icon_ banana:

I am thinking about the Combo Mount offered by VZW - for the summer that might be my answer for a belt clip. I'm on the fence here - I've never been keen on hard shell covers before. But for sure I've got to come up with something in a belt clip - no way will I try to carry it in my pocket while in just tees and shorts (my usual summer attire while working in my custom wood shop).

If you are interested in MIKRADLE - you can view my threads here on the Source - there are several of them - just type MIKRADLE in the Search box on the top of your screen. Or you can start here: MIKRADLE - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I am a Supporting Vendor here on the site - and can answer any MIKRADLE questions you might have! The photo in my signature is the Classic Black Series. There you can see the Gel Cover on while charging. See my Gallery for more photos. :) mike
  11. th9203

th9203 New Member

My Droid is a nudist. :icon_ devil:
  12. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

13. cuskit

cuskit New Member

When and if I start using my belt clip leather pouch - my Droid will also be a nudist :icon_ devil: during use when not hiding in the pouch!

You know - if anyone doing a google search with the word "nudist" lands here on the forums - they are going to think we are nuts! :icon_ banana:

I've spent a ton of time here on the forums - and I'm amazed at the rapport Droid owners have with their phones! Most speak of it almost as a child, a pet etc.! I'm very close to mine - I'll bet like most married men the droid gets more attention than the wife! ;) Yikes! Hope she doesn't follow these threads! :blink:

Perhaps we should start a new poll on the most popular cover used - it would probably make for a very interesting thread! :) mike
  14. mikenilson

mikenilson New Member

If you put one of the Invisible skin products on your Droid it will fit in the form fitting docks.
  15. BrooklynDROID

BrooklynDROID New Member

I use the VZ Shell/Holster combo. It's easy to remove and install, so I just take it off when I dock my Droid.
  16. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

I do like your product, but the thing I like most about the Motorola dock is that I drop the phone in and the USB port lines right up and plugs in.
  17. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

That's very good to know!
  18. cuskit

cuskit New Member

That's true - but you probably don't use a cover. I do - and I found it way easier to just plug in the USB cable than it was to remove and replace my cover EVERY time I docked my Droid - which is very frequent. That grew tired real quick!
  19. grimah1w

grimah1w New Member

Motorola Dock and the VZW Shell / Holster Combo

I just pop off the back half shell and slide my Droid into the Motorola Dock...do the same thing with back half and place it into Motorola Car Mount in my Jeep. Not that big of a deal and much easier than fumbling around to get micro usb connector into Droid (especially at night). Just place it into the dock and it starts charging!:) I definately wish that I did not have to remove half of the case but the convienence of drop in dock charging, a secure means to carry Droid without pocket bulk, and the piece of mind of scratch and some impact attenuation is worth the extra second or two to mount/dismount the back half of the shell.
  20. Medicineman

Medicineman New Member

Back on the Treo Forum, we all had names for our phones. Some were quite interesting. Anyone named theirs?
Search tags for this page
atrix multimedia dock disassemble

atrix multimedia dock teardown

disassemble atrix dock

disassembly of atrix 2 dock

disassembly of atrix dock