For Those Who Use a Workout App

mjkinny

Reaction score
Where do you store your phone to track your workout? In your hand? In a pouch? Other?

I downloaded runkeeper app to use to track my running and am curious to see what others do.

Thanks in advance for your response.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i hold it in my hands with bluetooth headset. :) i cant for the life of me find an armstrap that is durable and will fit the droid without spending like $40+. and there seem to be no consensus on which armband is good either. =[

droidilac

Reaction score
I use softrace. Im cyclist so I tuck it into my cycling shorts or my jersey.... I went jogging with my GF once and had no idea what to do with my Droid... LoL I wish I could find a way to secure it to my handlebars like a Cycling computer LoL, now that would be nice but I'm afraid of it falling....

robertesteele

Reaction score
I found a cheap neoprean Iphone arm strap at Ross Dress for Less and it has worked awesome. It takes way less energy to run with it on your upper arm than it does to hold it. I use runner and like it ok, I wish I could upload my workouts without buying the pro version. I eventually want to get the bluetooth heartrate monitor to use with this app. Has anyone tried using it yet and if so how did you like it. Just a side note. I did have to cut a hole in the armstrap for my earphone jack and I had to cut a hole for the volume buttons otherwise it would always turn my volume all the way down, but now that I have those I would never go back to holding it or storing it in a pocket.

Last edited:

Dmoralize

Reaction score
I use runkeeper while riding my bike. I have one of those small camel-bak backpacks which has a mesh pocket that I can keep my phone in so it still gets good GPS signal. Works perfect.

Bateluer

Reaction score
I have a Garmin Forerunner that I use for my running. Far better than the phone, I think, though it is another gadget. Its smaller, simpler, and the battery life lasts longer than the phone will. I run ultras so a very long battery life does some into play.

Paul1201

Reaction score
I use the stock Droid clip holster from Verizon. I have to tie the waist string in my running shorts kind of tight but it works.

I also just switched to Runkeeper and the Motorola S9 HD bluetooth headset and I am loving both so far.