For those that Overclocked the droid2 WE

RPXZ

Reaction score
Are you sure you actually did it? I can't seem to overclock mine. Installed the fission rom that is "overclock friendly" and you can still only run at 1.2ghz.

Any ideas, or thoughts on this guy? Would be great to know what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you!

Reaction score
You need to use JRummy's overclock app with the experimental package installed. The ROM is overclock friendly because it supports OCing, you need to use JRummy's app to actually set the clock speed/voltages. I've never even done this, I know it because of how often these threads pop up. If you search on here, I'm sure you can find more detailed instructions.

OP
R

RPXZ

Reaction score
You need to use JRummy's overclock app with the experimental package installed. The ROM is overclock friendly because it supports OCing, you need to use JRummy's app to actually set the clock speed/voltages. I've never even done this, I know it because of how often these threads pop up. If you search on here, I'm sure you can find more detailed instructions.

Awesome, that work!

Seems like this rom doesn't like 1.4ghz. The phone doesnt freeze up, it just gets extremely laggy.

Reaction score
I seem to remember reading that 1.35 is the most people can get and keep it stable. Again, I'm no pro on this, but if you search around here, there's lots of threads, I bet you can piece together useful information.