For those that Love Panda Home

bigd1975

Reaction score
Lets start a thread to see if we can narrow down all the Force Close lock up issues.

My problems started when I updated to version 1.79. Problems continued using latest release.

What I have done is completely uninstalled Panda Home, Removed all themes from my Droid, Deleted the Panda Home directory from my phone.

Yesterday I reinstalled Panda home using no themes. It ran all day fine, It was fine all last night, I even restarted several times and no problems.

I charged my phone overnight, Went to use the droid this morning and it was unresponsive, resulted in a black screen and I could only power off.

Powered back on and went to change screens and it was locked up again, Powered off and back on again and let it sit for a bit and went to change screens and again locked up.

I had changed my screens to 7, not sure if that had anything to do with it just trying to help the developer if they happen to be reading this.

Powered back on and quickly cleared defaults of Panda home so it would not be my default home app and I am running again.

Please post anything you have tried and results.

Big D

Nepherim

Reaction score
I use the Panda beta, with 4 screen, and have had no lock up or FC issues at all. It does become slight laggy sometimes, and takes upto 5 seconds to shows the screen icons.

Are you sure it's Panda that's causing the lock up, or perhaps an interaction between Panda and some other app/widget?

FSTTYMS

Reaction score
I am using Panda, well sometimes :) I like it. Seems WAY more stable then Home++, which bums me out, cause I like home++ better!!

My suggestion, would be to remove widgets one at a time, or try taking it down a home page at a time or something so you can narrow down your issues.

OP
B

bigd1975

Reaction score
It is possible it could be a widget. I had removed most of them but will continue removing them.

One thing I found was that once version 1.79 came out I made no configuration changes and it started locking up.

I will start by changing my screens back down to 5 and see if that helps and start eliminatin the widgets and see if I can narrow it down.

Only reason I started the thread was because a google search yielded other having the same problems and I though maybe I could find others running the same widgets, amount of screens, etc to narrow down the issues.

Thansk for the suggestions, I will post my results.