For those that have had a radio burn up.. ?

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Was there any definitive way to tell when this occured? For the first time ever I had absolutely nothing this morning... even coming into the 4G zone on the way to work did nothing about it (normally my 4g has functioned flawlessly). Airplane brought data back for a few minutes and it was gone again. No 3G service at all. I live on a fringe zone as many with burnt up radios do, but didn't have that problem in the 2 months I had my new bionic. the refurb is not even a week old...

pbcarch

Reaction score
Interesting question looking forward to see the responses.
My bionic had data drops here and there until Monday.....no data what so ever for half a day. Called Verizon and sent me out a refurb. Well the next day my original bionic started working again!!
So is it a network issue or is it a bionic tell tale sign that the radio is about to burn up?
Should I keep refurb or original?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

portermac

Reaction score
Interesting question looking forward to see the responses.
My bionic had data drops here and there until Monday.....no data what so ever for half a day. Called Verizon and sent me out a refurb. Well the next day my original bionic started working again!!
So is it a network issue or is it a bionic tell tale sign that the radio is about to burn up?
Should I keep refurb or original?

Keep the original if its working now. At least you know where and what its been through. I about traded mine in for a refurb because of data loss but 4g was coming to my area so I waited. I've had 4g now for over a month and a half without a single issue. Glad I waited.