1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

For those running BBv0.7, whats the best kernel?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Grey Hawk, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk New Member

Adams or Chevy's?
  2. roberj13

roberj13 New Member

I was running ChevyNo1's 10-Slot 1.2 GHz kernel, and didn't ever have any problems. Then I heard too many slots can overwrite the OPP registry. Moved to ChevyNo1's 5 slot 1.2GHz, didn't have any problems.

As far as options, AdamZ's rom.tgz makes it nice to have, if you ever want/need to change your setup, just install again. The low,medium, high voltage is nice since you can go as low as you can go. I still can't get 1.3 to work (other than high voltage which I won't run), but 1.2 runs just as well as Chevys. Between the two, probably just personal preference, they are that close. AdamZ's install method gets the win for me.
  3. x1208x

x1208x New Member

Chevys 1.2Ghz 5 slot has been working great. i had a couple issues with 10 slot. but on ESE 53 it doesn't even seem like it needs to be overclocked. the UI is so fast and smooth. the home screen switching is so much better now. i finally disabled gde. and most of the time i run it at 550 anyway now because everything is so smooth. even with live wallpaper.
  4. baniels

baniels New Member

Chevy's 10-slot 1.0 ghz is working well for me. I run at 800-900 most of the time. JIT enabled it is plenty quick for my needs.
  5. deputc26

deputc26 New Member

Adams have the advantage of different voltages which is a huge deal since CPU power consumption is proportional to the 3rd power of voltage (someone is going to tell me it is the second power but that is only true for process nodes equal to or greater than ~120nm) I.e. you can get better battery life with AdamZ kernels, but... I had weird issues with his kernel so I'm rocking chevy's and hoping the 10 slotedness won't mess me up.
  6. Funky145

Funky145 New Member

I've been using Chevy's 10 slot 1.25 kernel without any issues.
  7. Zargon

Zargon New Member

Started with Chevy's, then switched to Adams because of the ability to select voltage. I'm not totally convinced that this is saving battery life yet. Time will tell.
  8. kenyx123

kenyx123 New Member

bugless beast v0.7
    chevys 10 slot 1.25
    JIT enabled. :beer2:

I also run between 800 and 900 MHz I short bench low 200's with that setting
    but if i crank er up. 1250 MHz I get 135 ms. Thats unreal to me its so fast. No overheating probs no FC