For those on the fence about getting a razor, just picked one up...

tc1

Reaction score
Very very good device, better in every aspect to my thunderbolt.

The reception, radios,GPS, are top notch.

Data speeds on 3g alone are much much faster not to mention 4g.

People talk about pentile screens?

Nothing.g wrong with this screen at all, unless u have your eyeball 1/2 in from the screen u can't see the pixels.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

BlownSi05

Reaction score
I feel the same way about mine. I mean there will always be bad phones in the bunch; happens this way with any electronics. I have been fairly impressed with the battery life even. Once again I have gotten lucky with a Motorola phone...lol. Great device!

Gmansurge

Reaction score
I've had my Razr for 1.5 Weeks now. I am very pleased overall. Battery life is fine, charge it when I go to bed 10:00 PM, remove it from the charger at 5:30 AM. The display is great. Performance is nice. I like the thin design. The accessories are nice, I got the HD dock and will order the 14" Lapdock as soon as it is available. I have found no disappointments yet. ICS is coming. I am coming from an X which was a good phone too. Moto is doing a great job of phone design.

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
Also....full bars of reception where my thunderbolt would get 1 if I was lucky. Most often no bars

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Ordered mine Yesterday from VZ with the Dock ( plain one ) Giving my wife my D1 which is working fine.

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
I have ran into a "problem" though.

I have my movies, pics, music, etc on my SD card.

But the built in file system sees the data being internal?

triplejnj

Reaction score
Just played around with one at Best Buy and gotta say, the fit and finish of the phone is fantastic. The kevlar back really does give it a nice feel. I wasn't bothered by the wideness of the bezel around the screen. The phone did not feel abnormally wide to me. I looked VERY close at the screen and wasn't bothered by the screen resolution. I did not notice pixels as others have mentioned. I did notice the blueish tint when looking at the screen off angle. On "Automatic" brightness the screen was not nearly bright enough. I turned it up to about 80% and it looked good. Not sure what that does to battery life.
I've been waiting on the Nexus to make my decision on the Droid 1 replacement. After playing with the Razr, I think the Nexus will just feel a bit 'cheap' in the hand. The main reason I was waiting was for ICS. I don't think I'll be waiting any longer. Especially since the Razr will be getting ICS early next year-- at this rate it will be around the same time the Nexus is released.

loonie01

Reaction score
Go to the File app and you will see (internal and Sd card). By default the phone will use the internal memory rather than the sd card memory. Go to settings then storage, then Media sync storage and switch it to sd card.

I have ran into a "problem" though.

I have my movies, pics, music, etc on my SD card.

But the built in file system sees the data being internal?

stragabenz

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about the RAZR or waiting for Gnex, read some users had horrible battery life though. Someone convince me to buy the RAZR!!!

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
Go to the File app and you will see (internal and Sd card). By default the phone will use the internal memory rather than the sd card memory. Go to settings then storage, then Media sync storage and switch it to sd card.

Thanks now I guess I need to go retransfer my files.

busab

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about the RAZR or waiting for Gnex, read some users had horrible battery life though. Someone convince me to buy the RAZR!!!

All I can say is this... I purchased a Razr as a "rental" until the Nexus came out. However I am so impressed with this phone that I have decided to keep it. I for one get wicked battery life out of this device. Also as mentioned above, the build quality is fantastic and I can't see myself going to a lower build quality phone now. I am spoiled now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

stragabenz

Reaction score
All I can say is this... I purchased a Razr as a "rental" until the Nexus came out. However I am so impressed with this phone that I have decided to keep it. I for one get wicked battery life out of this device. Also as mentioned above, the build quality is fantastic and I can't see myself going to a lower build quality phone now. I am spoiled now.

Well said you convinced me...I just got off the phone with VZW get my RAZR on Wednesday, will let everyone know what I think. :icon_ banana:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

Did you use the bionic before? I'm getting tired of always dropping data everywhere... At home in my car I've tried everything and its just continuing to get on my nerves

UN-L3ASH3D bionic with th3ory. Posting straight from me to you!!

busab

Reaction score
No. I didn't have the bionic. But I do experience the occasional loss of data. It hasn't been a deal breaker though. However I generally keep it set to 3G unless I'm going to be watching video.

busab

Reaction score
Well said you convinced me...I just got off the phone with VZW get my RAZR on Wednesday, will let everyone know what I think. :icon_ banana:

Awesome! I'm sure you will like it. Just look at it this way. If your not satisfied you can always exchange it. :)