For those interested in Seidio cases

kmwatts

Reaction score
If you're curious on the availability of a Seidio case for your new Droid 3 here is the response I received from customer service. If enough people send them email maybe it will spur them to get new cases out.

"Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. We have not finalized plans on making cases and accessories for the Droid 3, however your request will be forwarded to product development. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118."

Raptor007

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. That is unfortunately the typical response from Sedidio. By the time they actually release products the phone will have been on the market for months. Perhaps they will make something actually worthwhile this time around.

jmdale1984

Reaction score
I don't know if this is new news, but the D3 is now listed in their future products section. I added myself to the mailing list for updates... nothing yet. Love Seidio cases.

OP
kmwatts

kmwatts

Reaction score
I decided to go with the Verizon offering and so far am happy, very solid case and is actually pretty rugged and fits in the car dock with it on.

LordShadowz

Reaction score
I decided to go with the Verizon offering and so far am happy, very solid case and is actually pretty rugged and fits in the car dock with it on.

I decided to go with the verizon offering as well and the case/holster/kickstand combo work really well and support the extended battery and the dock.

I LOVE Seidio but they've been falling behind.

Droidrage729

Reaction score
Otterbox makes better cases its pretty crappy way to stay in the game against your main competition. I would have settled for seidio for a while till otterbox was ready. Most would have. Equals lost $$$$$$

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Otterbox makes better cases its pretty crappy way to stay in the game against your main competition. I would have settled for seidio for a while till otterbox was ready. Most would have. Equals lost $$$$$$

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know who long it usually takes Otterbox to release a case? I'm trying to be patient but starting the fail with just a "Coming Soon". haha

solar

Reaction score
If seidio doesn't already know that there will be a large number of people with a droid 3 then they aren't particularly good a predicting obvious market trends, which makes me question their ability to put out high quality products.

Reaction score
For those with the Verizon shell holster. Can you tell me if it extends the volume rocker and power button? If you could post some images I would appreciate it. Running nekkid and I'm scared the D3 will get hurt.

kurtdogg50

Reaction score
It doesn't extend the volume controls or the power button, but it has grooved out spaces to allow for easier access. I love the case. It has the kickstand and the feel is great. It does add some bulk and weight to the phone, but fits very well. Does not interfere with the sliding mechanism and does not prohibit any usage of the physical keyboard.