1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

For Those Experiencing Massive FC Issues after completing installation of BBv0.5...

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by GirLuvsDroid, Sep 23, 2010.

1. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

If you're experiencing a lot of FCs after completing installation of BBv0.5, it's probably because you have ROM-installed backup directories on your SD card (where you used a tool or script in a different ROM to do a backup of all apps) and the restore functionality in BB is probably restoring incompatible apps from those directories. If that's the case, delete those directories from your SD card (or move them to your PC if you want those backups). Once you remove those directories, wipe and install again.

You DO NOT need to worry about nandroid backups, or those from Titanium Backup, MyBackup Pro, or similar backup apps (but some have reported that Astro backups cause issues, so you may need to delete those).
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  2. painbird

painbird New Member

i had a huge issue with FCs and the only backup i used was mybackup pro and astro and i once ran pete's backup script. i dont know where to locate these problematic backups, any help would be fantastic cause i can't get .5 to run at all.
  3. webeougher

webeougher New Member

I was having issues with my Astro backups, so I deleted them and re-installed - voila! No issues.
  4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

Good to know -- I'm editing my OP concerning Astro.
  5. ViperPyro

ViperPyro New Member

I backed up my data with Titanium, and about 95% of apps restored fine. 5% would not restore, so I had to redownload them from the market. After this, about another 10% would immediately FC upon opening, so I had to reinstall those from the market. Throughout this the phone crashed 6 six times.. Then the Apps2SD functionality was completely broken and I ran out of space because I have a few games (Angry Birds, Raging Thunder 2, MiniSquadron >50MB) that took up all the space, even if I told it to move to SD.

Not being able to even run an app, not to mention how often everything recaches and the homescreen redraws, is ridiculous.

I am back on CM6 running great, since .5 was a downgrade from .4 for me. Sorry Pete :-/ I await .5.1 with bug fixes.