For the Millionth Time... RSD Lite won't Recognize Droid X

DyMiC

Reaction score
So... I've been reading through thread after thread, doing Google Search after Google Search... and NOTHING.

I just got a brand new Droid X for a friend who wants me to rom it with Liberty Gingerbread. So, I got it out of the box... let it charge to 70%... rooted it with Z4... put D2 Bootstrap on... and got the Froyo to GB .596 zip. I wiped the phone.... data, cache, system, and battery stats... attempted to flash the ROM... and got an error. So.. I download the 3 part Froyo to .588 zip... same error. So... of course... now I'm stuck on the M logo. I can get into Bootloader... says OK to Program and everything, can get into Recovery... But I'm boggled because it SAYS Bootloader 30.04 which I thought is Gingerbread. But whatever. I've had this happen on MY Droid X, and SBFed with RSD 4.9 plenty of times on this exact computer (Running WinVista32). So, I fire up RSD, get into Bootloader on the X... connect... Nothing. So I go and get the most recent Moto X drivers, install, reboot... nada. I make sure I have First Come First Serve checked... it is. So I start searching... Tried updating to RSDLite 5.3.1... rebooted..... nada. I've looked all over... and tried everything. Even plugged it in, went out for a ciggy, came back in.... That's like ten minutes. And nothing. I don't know what to do. But I know it's fixable.

I'm sorry that I'm asking this. And I KNOW it's been asked 20 billion times.... but yeah. I need some help so I don't have to give MY PERFECTLY TUNED DROID X to my friend... and take this jacked up one until I figure out how to fix it.

D

dankarlinski

Did you go thru clockwork to flash it? You didn't say you did. The stock recovery cannot flash the update

Sent from my CyanDroid2 (6/29 Nightly)

OP
D

DyMiC

Reaction score
I did say I did. I used D2Bootstrap. Bootstrapped, and Rebooted. It takes you right into Clockwork.

OP
D

DyMiC

Reaction score
Please help guys! I'm so stumped! I've even tried on my Laptop which only has RSDLite4.6 on it... and still nothing. I installed the drivers from Motorola... it won't pick up the Motorola ADB Interface. That laptop is running Win7 64. I'm hoping to come home from work tonight and find a solution! I can't believe that this is being this hard after I've done this all before!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you running RSD Lite under Administrator?

sent from my ApeX

leonozug

Reaction score
How bout you take off the RSD lite you have installed and take off the moto drivers you installed(if you installed the right ones). Go to this link, Droid X SBF
Install RSD Lite 4.9 and the proper Motorola USB drivers for your computer(32 or 64 bit)and see if it makes a difference. You want 4.9 not 5.3.1, and definitely make sure you install the proper drivers. That's the mistake most people make. Install RSD Lite 4.9 and then the drivers.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can always try to use the Linux CD way

sent from my ApeX

leonozug

Reaction score
So... I've been reading through thread after thread, doing Google Search after Google Search... and NOTHING.

I just got a brand new Droid X for a friend who wants me to rom it with Liberty Gingerbread. So, I got it out of the box... let it charge to 70%... rooted it with Z4... put D2 Bootstrap on... and got the Froyo to GB .596 zip. I wiped the phone.... data, cache, system, and battery stats... attempted to flash the ROM... and got an error. So.. I download the 3 part Froyo to .588 zip... same error. So... of course... now I'm stuck on the M logo. I can get into Bootloader... says OK to Program and everything, can get into Recovery... But I'm boggled because it SAYS Bootloader 30.04 which I thought is Gingerbread. But whatever. I've had this happen on MY Droid X, and SBFed with RSD 4.9 plenty of times on this exact computer (Running WinVista32). So, I fire up RSD, get into Bootloader on the X... connect... Nothing. So I go and get the most recent Moto X drivers, install, reboot... nada. I make sure I have First Come First Serve checked... it is. So I start searching... Tried updating to RSDLite 5.3.1... rebooted..... nada. I've looked all over... and tried everything. Even plugged it in, went out for a ciggy, came back in.... That's like ten minutes. And nothing. I don't know what to do. But I know it's fixable.

I'm sorry that I'm asking this. And I KNOW it's been asked 20 billion times.... but yeah. I need some help so I don't have to give MY PERFECTLY TUNED DROID X to my friend... and take this jacked up one until I figure out how to fix it.

Also, when you said you SBF'd and went from Froyo to "The .596 Gingerbread zip, I am confused...do you mean the two-part "patched method" ZIPS that you install one after another? Cause you said "Zip" as singular...it's seems everything went haywire from there. You may have installed the wrong thing. And bootloader 30.40 has nothing to do with Gingerbread. If you can't do anything with it after re-installing 4.9 and the drivers, I'd do the SBF with Linux.

OP
D

DyMiC

Reaction score
I tried the 2 part first... and it didn't work... so I tried the 3 part... and again, it failed.

I DO have Ubuntu on this machine. Can I use that to flash the SBF? I'm sure that would probably work better than MicroCrap.

OP
D

DyMiC

Reaction score
I just went ahead and tried the CD thing... and WOO HOO! We're back in business! Damn it. Liberty Gingerbread WILL make it on to this device! And with that CD as what seems to be a failsafe (knock on wood)... I won't have to worry.

OP
D

DyMiC

Reaction score
And it's done!!! YAY! I got it flashed with Gingerbread and got Liberty GB v0.8 on it! It's beautiful, and my friend loves it!

I figured out what I did wrong when I flashed it. I formatted the system before I went from Froyo to GB... and that caused the ROM to not be able to flash because it couldn't find the previous system (because I WIPED it!). LOL! So yeah. All's good! Thanks guys! Donations will be coming in a few weeks! I'm thinking 30 bucks will get a few of you pretty buzzed in the club!