for the love of god help!!

superglen99

Reaction score
I have posted several times and several threads and never got an answer so im making my own. When I use navi and pandora at the same time whenever the audible instructions are anounced pandora stops playing and does not resume after instructions are finished. This is very frustrating on raod trips cause I have to manually open pandora and click the play button every single time turn by turn gps gives a command. someone please help. lithium mod newest one, watermarked, p3 1 ghz kernal.

OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
I have 2.2 but I am pretty sure this has been going on since 2.1 but can't pinpoint when. It's really frustrating and I am taking a road trip out of state Friday and would like to use navi and pandora

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Wait a second -- are you saying this used to work before 2.2 but doesn't work now, or that it's been an ongoing issue since 2.1, or that it worked once, you think, but it's now not working?

Have you tried another app, like Slacker, to see if it's an issue with Navigation or Pandora or just the Droid's sound system in general?

OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
It worked before in 2.1. At some point on 2.1 it stopped working. I have 2.2 and have tried several times on different roms (I am rooted) and it still does not work. I can try Slacker but I do not like slacker so that defeats the purpose. Have any of you tried this and seen the same thing happen on your phone?

wmnomore

Reaction score
tried this scenario on the new FRG22D and pandora stops and no longer shows on notification bar when nav gives directions.
Slacker works though. it starts right back up. perfect.
good luck

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try disabling stagefright. There is an update.zip I recently posted in rom manager. Go through the options selecting no thank you until the very end.

Car

Reaction score
Try disabling stagefright. There is an update.zip I recently posted in rom manager. Go through the options selecting no thank you until the very end.

I looked everywhere in rom manager and could not find it. Perhaps its not listed yet? What developer/rom should it be listed under? Thanks!

Update....I found it. Does stock kernel mean "my" stock kernel or the stock droid kernel?

Last edited:
OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
Slacker doed work, weird. thanks jrummy ill try that out and see if it works tomorrow. 8 also read that disabling stagefright improves streaming audio correct?

schollianmj

Reaction score
I use root explorer to mod my buildprop to disable stagefright. streaming pandora sounds great again, but yea, once nav speaks pandora pauses and will not resume automatically. really annoying... I like pandora more than slacker, and dont use nav enough to force me to change apps, but on the few times I do use Nav it gets freaking frustrating!

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
^^^ I agree, and in mulitple tests I've run trying to figure it I'm coming to the conclusion it is a Pandora issue more the anything seeing as other apps do work as they should while using Nav

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I looked everywhere in rom manager and could not find it. Perhaps its not listed yet? What developer/rom should it be listed under? Thanks!

Update....I found it. Does stock kernel mean "my" stock kernel or the stock droid kernel?

It is in there.. or you can open terminal and enter this:

su
sysrw
sed -i -e 's/^media\.stagefright.enable-player.*$/media.stagefright.enable-player=false/' /system/build.prop

You will need to reboot your phone for changes.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Pandora has some weird permission requests at the moment, too, so I don't like it for that reason alone... :)

But yeah, try Slacker for a while and see if you get used to not having Opera and Barbershop quartets singing on your Metallica station. ;)

Also, contact the Pandora team and ask them if they plan an update for this particular issue. Safety while driving should be a big concern on their part. A quick heads-up to Google might not hurt either.

OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
I reluctantly switched to Slacker and actually like it. I tried the stagefright update.zip and the issue still remains with Pandora. so its gotta be that app. ill try to remember to email them in a bit

listenman20

Reaction score
Might try digging around for an older version of Pandora. I forgot it was a Pandora issue. I may check some of my old backups for and older version. I'll let ya know what I find.