For some reason my lock screen looks different now when I turn it on

Tecmobo34

Reaction score
actually, I don't even know if it is called the lock screen. It is the screen that comes up I believe the moment right before your phone loads up. It now looks like a type of Rainbow design. Interesting thing is, I like it but it does not stay that way. It goes back to the old dull lock screen that the phone comes with. My question is, what would cause it to change, and is the only way to change the lock screen is from your photo library?

bigthinker

Reaction score
Interesting..Did you pull the battery to see if it goes back to the old version?

OP
T

Tecmobo34

Reaction score
bigthinker, not yet...I am going to try that now...

thanks!

OP
T

Tecmobo34

Reaction score
yeah, sorry. It might be the boot screen. Still learning the technical names on this phone

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's fine man, I was just trying to be clear on which one is doing this. You haven't loaded any custom ROMS or boot animations have you?

OP
T

Tecmobo34

Reaction score
no, not as of yet. Still learning the phone to be honest. Just received it a couple of days ago. It was not that big of a deal, I just got a little confused as to why it look different from every other time I turned on the phone. I got nervous that I did something wrong to it. But to answer your question, no I actually have yet to download any apps or programs on it yet

droidilac

Reaction score
Does it look like this guys start up?

[video=youtube;mgg029H9Vrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgg029H9Vrs[/video]

droidilac

Reaction score

patriot839

Reaction score
The rainbow shaped lock slider is what the phone was made with if you just got it you need the current os update follow the directions I gave then you should get 2.0.1

OP
T

Tecmobo34

Reaction score
Go to settings select about phone. Then select system updates please let us know what happens

ok thanks for the tips, everyone. I did what you said, and it is telling me "my phone is up to date"

I have since noticed that everything seems to be back to normal. If anything changes, such as the initial load screen change I mentioned, I will update you guys. thanks again!!