for people scared to root

Nick177th

Reaction score
Just asking a question. Don't flame me.

I was over on droid-life and a couple guys said they got hung up at the "reboot" phase of the rooting process. Has anybody got stuck at the MOTO logo when rebooting? Not trying cause panic or anything. Just asking out of curiousity.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have seen threads where they keep rebooting to the M logo and get no further. I think in most cases the cause was a non-full battery. That is info you get from the manual steps. Don't flash roms unless you are at 100% power. Sure it might work at 50% but why risk it. I don't know if the automatic apps check battery levels before applying roms. They may very well do that.

Anyways, nobody got stuck forever but a few do panic when that occurs.

cisco0910

Reaction score
The first initial reboot after install it gets stuck at the M longer then usual, I'm gessing 3-5 mins. Then after that, reboots are normal

Nick177th

Reaction score
I have seen threads where they keep rebooting to the M logo and get no further. I think in most cases the cause was a non-full battery. That is info you get from the manual steps. Don't flash roms unless you are at 100% power. Sure it might work at 50% but why risk it. I don't know if the automatic apps check battery levels before applying roms. They may very well do that.

Anyways, nobody got stuck forever but a few do panic when that occurs.

I personally think I would've dropped dead. LOL! That is good info (100% battery) right there christim. I didn't know that.

Shaneathan

Reaction score
When I was selecting options I selected very similar options that the guy in the video selected, yet for some reason I have the 1.6 Lockscreen. Is there a way to change that without having to go through the whole process again?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I was selecting options I selected very similar options that the guy in the video selected, yet for some reason I have the 1.6 Lockscreen. Is there a way to change that without having to go through the whole process again?

if you referring to the droid mod video just reflash the rom. Below the video in the tutorial section with the step by step how to install the droidmod, is a detailed explaination of what to select to get certain options