For Foxkat and all others into batteries....

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by GPYoung, Sep 5, 2012.

1. GPYoung

GPYoung Member

Ratings:
    +5
  2. GPYoung

GPYoung Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Also, love the link under users are abusers called "this glitch"

Thanks,
    Geoff

3. cris

cris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like that. Also saw a video on a ics easter egg. Go into about phone and tap the android version untill a lil android dude pops up with a ice cream sammich. Then hold your finger down on him and it will enlarge then change to raining android dudes with ics sandwiches.

4. vallowkr

vallowkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a dream of mine.

5. LoudRam

LoudRam Senior Member

Ratings:
    +146
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto X
    That's an interesting article. I'm not the biggest fan of imbedded batteries because you can't replace them when they go bad but it looks like that's where technology is headed.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

6. GPYoung

GPYoung Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Cnet has an awesome app that is very informative. It can be found in the play store.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    (Razr. 215)

7. yaterml

yaterml Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I am around batteries all day and have friends in several R&D facilities and colleges. The new technology will if anything be a good bridge between generations of battery types similar to Mercury, Zinc Carbon, and Manganese Dioxide all serve the same purpose at different times in history. Lithium is a highly volatile and non-abundant material. I have a friend working on a sodium ion battery that could potentially have about a 3-5 times cell capacity of a standard li-ion battery although currently only for about 100-250 charge cycles. With structure re-enforcement could produce 80 current after about 3000 cycles, and because sodium is an abundant element on earth it would be substantially cheaper than lithium. No one is going to put money into a battery with a higher cost than lithium unless it pays out 10 times the efficiency due to the competitive market to keep costs down. There is also a micro sheet battery process being developed that would allow batteries to be as thing as a strip of cotton and produce the same amount of capacity as the current generation li-ion batteries. Tech companies will start to lean heavier on the li-po or Lithium Polymer Battery. Especially with Sony's advancements of gel polymer electrolyte. That can currently hold about 4500mAh worth of capacity and still fit in the standard iPhone or Razr Maxx. As they can condense the electrolyte down father and gain higher capacity more cell phone manufacturers with come on board and most phones will be running imbedded batteries. Plus they will fail do to the natural cycle life right around 2 years maintaining the casual upgrades due to poor battery life right around a contracts end, keeping you in a constant contract cycle as well look for higher concentrated li-po batteries to be the temporary solution till something much better comes out.

8. GPYoung

GPYoung Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the reply! As I read the article, I became fascinated. It would seem that hopefully, within the next 2 to 3 years, we may see some positive changes with regard to battery capacity or more specifically, the ability of the battery to drive the device for substantially longer periods of time. It will be so need to not be tied to the need to charge during the day.
    I look forward to a battery that is equal to the phone.
    Then again, at 42 years old, in my 20's I never ever would have thought I would ever see the cell phone technology that we already have.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    (Razr. 215)

Search tags for this page

foxkat droidforums

foxkat's battery threads