1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

For anyone who thinks their battery dies to fast....

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by satoru, Mar 10, 2011.

1. satoru

satoru New Member

[​IMG]

I keep 3 charged while charging dead one so anytime I may be without a charger, I have extra battery, lol. Correct me if im wrong but is the d2g processor the same as d2 but set to 1.2ghz so if your battery life isn't great set it back to 1.0

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  2. Asphyx

Asphyx New Member

SetCPU will get rid of the need to have three batteries charged all the time.

It lets you clock the proc down based on certain criteria and I can go a whole day (and then some) on a single battery.
  3. krpiper

krpiper New Member

Where do you get that charger? I'd like to get one
  4. kickasz23

kickasz23 New Member

Should invest in extended bat.

5. satoru

satoru New Member

Since I flased I easily go 20+ hours before I have to charge when I ran stock it had around 14hrs. Im running fission 2.4.3 and chaged basic settings. I was playing fpse away from the house and my battery died. I got it all from a friend for free, the chargers serial number is SPN5564A just type it in google looks like they are about $12. I have never tried set cpu or anything like it.

6. leobg

leobg Member

I too have 3 batteries available (one from old Droid and one extra I had purchased with the old Droid). What I hate is the fact I have to reboot the phone to change the battery. I am glad I manage to make it thru the day in most cases without having to do battery swap.

kickasz23's suggestion is the way to go (I am still struggling to find ext. battery with white cover available outside US for a reasonable price though).
  7. satoru

satoru New Member

I thought about the extended battery but I don't like the size. I can pretty much go all day with out having to charge unless im gaming. I like the extra battery option because I can keep one in the car. For any reason I may forget or not have time to charge my phone and I end up gone all day I have an extra with me.

8. wakeskater17

wakeskater17 New Member

i have a few batteries too... found em for $4 on amazon, they turned out to be exactly the same as the stock battery and last just as long. i didnt think they would be very good for that price so i was very surprised. get around 12hrs of normal-high use per battery. can kill a battery in around 5hrs if i really make an effort to.
  9. chrisl20

chrisl20 New Member

The d2g has a different processor than the d2...it has an extra cpu slot, so setcpu and droidoverclock and milestone are all incompatible...when I used them, it added nothing but problems...but, im w the op, I have 4 batteries,one of which is extended, and a standalone charger, I got the extended batt and charger from gorilla gadgets, both for 40$...solid investment...I burn thro my regular batts n about 3 hours heavy use, and my extended in 10....but, I work 18 hours a day@ least 5 days n a row, so I always haveto have a spare battery...just in case..... ...but, as far as setting it back to 1ghz, it isn't possible...the custom module that is on the phone that comes out of the box, wont truely unload off of the phone to allow modification... ..I did recently read that droidoverclock has an experimental module that tailors to the xtra cpu slot n the globals...but, I havnt tried it out yet.... stock 1.2 w no bloat works fine for me...and since the governor scales up/down the frequency as needed/not needed, there's really no point to over/underclocking for me...but, again, I have a ton of batt's and no patience for apps making my phone glitchy
  10. destes37

destes37 New Member

I have no problems underclocking my DG2 with Droid Overclock app.
  11. clouse2013

clouse2013 New Member

I use milestone and setCPU for profiles and i dont have a problem either.
  12. chrisl20

chrisl20 New Member

Y underclock tho and lose a slot of scaling down the processor, which skipping one couldn't be good for it over an extended amount of time, I would think neways... ...and y underclock your phone when the phones governor scales it down on its own and limiting its power supply when needed probly isn't the wizest move either...but, im a cautious guy I guess
  13. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 New Member

We don't loose the slot by underclocking with set cpu and/or set cpu.

As for why underclock? Because whith the stock govenor the cpu can still reach 1200mhz with the screen off when it checks email for example. If you use set cpu to limit it to 300mhz when the screen is off it can't exceed 300 when checking email and such so it therefore saves battery.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
  14. chrisl20

chrisl20 New Member

How does it NOT skip a slot, when setcpu only accounts for 4...same w droidoverclock...when the global has 5....the math isn't adding up somewhere for me...
  15. Swirly

Swirly New Member

What are yall profiles for set cpu for the D2G??
  16. jojoferari

jojoferari New Member

No science to this at all, but I underclocked for a while with screen off and high temp profiles. I honestly believe my battery life improved after disabling set cpu and running without underclocking. I'm rooted w/ stock rom, bloatware frozen, and screen set to autobrightness. Take this for what it is worth...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  17. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 New Member

300Mhz with screen off. Thats it.
  18. chrisl20

chrisl20 New Member

@4x4, have u tried not having it(the 300) profile? If so, how much batt life did u gain? And does it have random hot spells, the battery that is, ..when I had a 300screen off profile, whenever my phone was charging at random(seemingly random I mean) times my battery got so damn hot I could fry an egg on the back, that's what initially made me ditch the oc'ing apps, every one would make my battery on fire more times than not, and since I ditched em I havnt had that problem. But, when I had that profile, it was along w others, but it was 100 priority, so I don't think they were conflicting, but, who knows
  19. bamarammin87

bamarammin87 New Member

My d1 gets 5 hours if I don't use it. Bout 3 if I text sporadically. Bout 45 minutes if I use the web bhrowser. Somethings seriously wrong.... go from full charge to flashing red 4 times a day with basic use...what a piece of crap.
  20. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast New Member

Either you have a retarded app, or your battery is shot.
Search tags for this page

droid 2 global battery dies fast

droid 2 power dies to fast
droid x2 loses power too fast
motorola droid 2 dies fast
motorola milestone battery dies
my battery for my droid 2 dies quickly
my s4 baterry dies fast
phone thinks battery is dead
what is making my droid razor battery die?
why does moterola milestone go dead quick
why does my droid x go dead so soon
why does my phone die fast
why does s4 battery go down so fast