1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

For anyone having trouble rooting a Droid Pro running 2.2.2

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by ryancoleman, Oct 19, 2011.

1. ryancoleman

ryancoleman New Member

I tried a couple methods on my wife's phone such as z4root and superoneclick, but was unsuccessful. I read that superoneclick would work but it kept saying "waiting for device" and superoneclick kept "Not Responding". On a whim I tried gingerbreak 1.20. Lo and behold it worked! You can find gingerbreak and any necessary instructions at xda developers. I hope this helps someone.
  2. google123

google123 New Member

The best easiest way to root a Froyo Pro is to use aroot. SuperOneClick works best with latest GB-based Pro, and z4root works with the early Froyo Droid Pros. :biggrin:

http://ponack.net/designgears/atrix/aRoot/
  3. ryancoleman

ryancoleman New Member

Gingerbreak was pretty easy since I already had the apk on a sd card from another phone I rooted. I have never used aroot so I don't know how simple it is, but gingerbreak is a one click root that doesn't require a computer. You can just simply download the apk to the sd and run it from your file explorer. Your supposed to use a formated sd card, but I don't really think it would matter.
Search tags for this page

how to root droid pro 2.2.2

root motorola android 2.2.2