For anyone having issues with MMS and a Droid 2/D2G

Reaction score
I don't know if this is a common issue, but I know it was common on the Droid 1s, because I spent a few hours on google today, reading old threads from last year. I was having issues with Handcent not sending MMS messages, the loading circle would just spin indefinitely, and the picture either wouldn't send, or would not be viewable by the recipient. I tried different Apps (Go SMS, ChompSMS, Handcent, even the STOCK one), and nothing worked. I unfroze messaging and messages, text messaging, and then it struck me..... You need the stock gallery app functional to add pictures. I'm not sure why, I'm thinking maybe when Handcent resizes it, it resizes it using features built into the Gallery? Anyway, it worked for me, I hope maybe this can save someone a few hours of guessing in the future.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Yep, and you also need to have the stock messaging app active too. You said you unfroze it, that in itself will stop the MMS from working.

tracys89

Reaction score
I just got the droid 2 and I'm actually having that problem right now. Where do you download those two apps (stock gallery app and stock messaging app)?

pool_shark

Reaction score
I just got the droid 2 and I'm actually having that problem right now. Where do you download those two apps (stock gallery app and stock messaging app)?

Stock means the built-in apps.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Handcent did come with that update a few days ago that included the MMS+ maybe that helps too?

Liberated Droid II