For all of you who play lots of droid games

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyidle

Reaction score
You can let Android close the apps for you, or if you really want an app dead, use the task killer built in under Settings > Applications.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i will handle it like i like to handle it ;). i think the thread can be closed.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah i know, homie, but we both sounded like a broken record and he knows our both opinions and already made his decission so there was no need for posting it again. pls close someone now :).

billyidle

Reaction score
I was simply explaining to him he doesn't need a 3rd party task killer, he can let the OS handle it automatically, or use the built-in manual task killer. That is not opinion, it's a fact.

glassdarkly

Reaction score
I know the OP has already decided, but I am making this post in case anybody else stumbles across this.

You know, maybe everybody wouldn't need to keep repeating the same things if some people would actually read the articles where the authors go into detail about Linux's memory management instead of freaking out about how many people absolutely love task killers.

Plenty of people absolutely swear that those titanium necklaces make their back pain go away and their restless leg syndrome stop and their allergies go away and professional sportsmen are all using it because they think it makes them play better. There is absolutely no scientific proof or basis for these claims, and yet thousands of people believe it anyway.

1. Placebo Effect
2. Linux Is Not Windows (Android Is Not WinMo)

This doesn't mean that the people who think their phones are faster are stupid or dumb or whatever, I don't know why everything has to be perceived as a personal attack. The fact is that the way Android is coded, task killers are unnecessary. Task killers might be able to temporarily kill misbehaving apps, but that is not a permanent solution - the permanent solution is to uninstall any badly coded apps, at which point Android's built-in memory management will handle everything perfectly.

There are the facts -- how Linux and Android manage memory, and there is the anecdotal evidence -- all the people posting all over the Internet about how task killers are vital and battery saving (there are also the ones who used task killers and wanted to know why they felt no difference at all, but I guess they don't count). Decide whatever you want.

FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero
Task Managers and your Hero - Android Forums

Last edited:

billyidle

Reaction score
In the sticky in General Discussion on task killers, in the last few pages, most people using 3rd party task killers reported worse battery life and and slower performance.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
wrong billy most people claim its better with 3rd party app killers. look here :

Ratings and comments about Automatic Task Killer for Android

i tell now a mod to close this thread. cause we will never come to an end. i agree like i said the op should let the integrated taskman do its best. but pls respect that me and many others like to use a 3rd party task killer. its our own decisson. thx.

billyidle

Reaction score
Wrong? Read the sticky in General Discussion, as I said, which is not an opinion, it is a fact, in the last few pages, a majority of users complained of degraded performance and/or battery life. Look for yourself.

If you don't want to post here, then stop, mods don't need to lock it for that reason. The OP asked a question, and people are explaining the answer, along with other helpful information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.