1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

For all of you who play lots of droid games

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by dnvnk, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dnvnk

dnvnk New Member

Do you always keep these open in the back? or do you force quit them when you're done?

How often do you reboot your droids to keep em running smoothly?

Just wondering cause I'm new at this !
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

I just app kill..if I find my phones running slow, I'll use Minfreemanager or reboot.
  3. Ryan325678

Ryan325678 New Member

I use TaskPanel to auto-kill apps. Put apps you want to stay alive on the ignore-list, the rest on killer-list, and all unused apps will die when your phone goes to sleep. :motdroidvert::motdroidvert:
  4. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Advanced Task Killer is free and I've found it works very well.
  5. dnvnk

dnvnk New Member

I've heard that task killers can be counter-productive to the OS, so I am hesitant to use then
  6. MustangGT500

MustangGT500 DF News Team Premium Member

they just do if you kill the wrong things. if you kill just third party applications and no system related apps they will improve battery life and free ram ammount. i use AUTOMATIC TASK KILLER. its a must have app in my opinion. you start the app and see a list of all your apps. just one touch on the app you like to be killed. then after your mobile fall into standby all the selected apps will be killed automatically. very great.
  7. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Task killers are not the problem - it's AUTOMATED task killers that slow down the OS and create issues.

Advanced Task Killer only kills what you want and you have to tell it when to do it. It's good for when stuff doesnt close and you want to kill it.

8. MustangGT500

i think you hadnt really understand me. the automatic task killers KILLS JUST THE THINGS YOU WANT. like i wrote, you have to select the apps it kills from a list. apps you have not selected wont be killed. it do EXACTLY the same as advanced task killer. the only difference is that automatic task killer is a lot more comfortable, cause it kills the apps YOU HAVE SELECTED and NO OTHER if the mobile goes into standby or you push the power button. try it out ;). i use it for about 2 months and a friend of mine too. we dont have to care about kill stuff manually. and the system is fast, stable and haves a lot of ram.
  9. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Automatic task killers are generally bad because they slow down the phone. It's a known fact. I rarely even use the non automatic one.
  10. MustangGT500

its a wrong fact ;). like i said me and my friend are using it for about two months. dont know where your read that garbage but its wrong. we dont have any problems and its lightning fast.
    also read the uncountable good responses in the market about the app :). i think so many people cant be wrong.
  11. NVash

NVash New Member

You can leave games running in the back? Since when? All mine I just exit and they close completely. Though, after Quake 3 I reboot the phone because Im sure that slows it down.
  12. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Beta Team

Only game I play is ROMs via GameBoid (GBA Emulator). There is an option to close it. I close the app when I am done playing, yes.
  13. dnvnk

dnvnk New Member

unix.punkx, there's no need to force quit any apps, though, right?
  14. Logan3824

Logan3824 New Member

You are correct sir.
  15. dnvnk

dnvnk New Member

Thanks fellas. Now my OCD can rest easy.
  16. MustangGT500

If you are a hardcore user like me and watch divx films play heavy 3d games and so on then its really better using a task manager. Cause the ram gets less and less. Android system needs to long time to close it by itself. And in ther meantime the system gets slow. But if you dont use your mobile for such things you dont need taskmanagers. yxflash video player and games which are graphic intensive needs the most of ram.
  17. billyidle

billyidle New Member

Mustang, I do the same stuff as you, and I've never used a task killer. Never had any issues. If you think a task killer is going to make your phone noticeably faster, go ahead and use it. Not using one is not going to slow your phone down. How much sense does keeping an app open and running 24/7 to close down another app make?
  18. MustangGT500

in the case HOW I USE THE PHONE it definately slow it down :). 3d games uses a lot of ram. and if i open 2-3 or 4 of them, im a mobile game maniac, then there isnt much ram left. and it is slower. believe it or not, its true. for normal users it doent matter. but for hardcore users it does. more ram is always better als less ram. and if 3-4 games are still in the ram and i JUST NEED ONE then the phone slows down thats fact. the system closes them to late.but pls lets stop this i think this discussion will never end.

but i know that i have about 50% more battery power since i use this app. and also a faster system. if you dont need it its absolutely ok. but i dont like to make a big discussion about it. so this was my last post here :). everybody should make like he wants. but you just can say whats better after using the app. if you hadnt use it you cant know if with or without it your phone runs better. greets.
  19. billyidle

billyidle New Member

I'm a hardcore user who has never used a task killer, I have great battery life and great performance. I will never waste RAM on an app that frees up RAM, by constantly running in the background.
  20. MustangGT500

but you waste up with many other app that runs in the background :D. the app uses 1 mb ram or something. i think that doesnt hurt that much as a game that eats 20 or more ram. but well its up to you :). definately now END.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.