Font packs?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I'm working on editing, re-editing, and making text icons through Minimalistic App but notice that it only provides 3 different fonts because that's all it found on the Droid 2, just 3 different fonts. I sure do hate those 3 the phone has and wondering if anyone knows where they got extra font packs from and where they placed it so different apps, using font editing tools, can pick it up and provide me with just more than 4 crappy fonts.

Edit: If you noticed some apps, especially SMS/MMS, Minimalistic Apps, and other apps that have font style options they will all only show 3, which are Monospace, Sans-Sarif, and Serif. There has to be a way to get more added to your phone so whatever app you use, that has font style options, will allow you to use other styles instead of one of those 3 styles.

Last edited:

elvyrorie

Reaction score
The liberty rom let's you change the system fonts and that in turn changes Minimalistic texts fonts. You could try it out.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yea I changed mine on Liberty myself and its a gr8 thing for sure and very easy bc of the toolbox

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I know that. But that's not what I mean. If you go to Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Words, Notepad, Wordpad, Paint, programs like that, you'll see you have options to change your font style as you see fit. There are apps on here, like Minimalistic Text, that allow you to choose what style of font you want. But, a set code was built into it to pick up what font style the phone had (I think). I rather not change all the text on the phone. I'm only interested in some sort of built-in font pack for the phone so apps like Minimalistic, the SMS/MMS, and other apps that give you font style choices can pick this up when scanning your folders for supported fonts.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Well the only way I've been able to do what you're saying with Minimalistic text is by changing all the fonts. I did not like it because it messed up all my spacing, so I went back to the regular font. Sorry that wasn't much help.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
You could pm the dev. He seems to update it alot and see what he says.

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Yeah, that's one of the main reasons why I don't want to change all the fonts on my phone with one custom font. It could throw a lot of things off, like spacing like you said. Regular font is fine with me. But I believe we should have the option to install different fonts on our phone for apps like that. I don't think it's the Dev's end that is the issue. I noticed other apps, which allow you to choose font style options, are also all showing the same 3 font style. That's what was leading me to believe that there is a set code that's scanning your system files for supported fonts and only sees those 3 font style.

I could be wrong. But yeah, I already sent the question in to Devmil (creator of Minimalistic Text) to ask if he's using set codes to do that or if he's only integrated those 3 supported font styles.

These phones are like a mini computer/laptop. I don't see why it can't have more font styles to choose from in certain apps.

I'll keep you posted with my findings! I may end up seeing if I can just integrate my own font pack into the system files here shortly.