fone/keyboard lag on new update plz help

illustions

Reaction score
I gt the update this morning but my keyboard is running slow takes some time for my keyboard to pop up.also with inputs..I notice my.whole fone ruuning slow plz help im.a verizon user

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I gt the update this morning but my keyboard is running slow takes some time for my keyboard to pop up.also with inputs..I notice my.whole fone ruuning slow plz help im.a verizon user

SwiftKey will fix that issue with the keyboard lagging. I for one hate the stock keyboard. With my fast typing, the stock keyboard can't keep up with me. SwiftKey is awesome. No keyboard lag and it has a great prediction words.

The other issue with the phone running laggy. See what apps are running in your task manager or better yet clear your memory in the task manager. If that doesn't work, hate to say it but do a factory reset on the phone. If it's still running laggy call Verizon and have them replace your phone.

OP
I

illustions

Reaction score
Thnx for the advice hopefullyb i can resolve this

VZW_CS

Reaction score

I'm glad you received the update, but I want to make sure your phone is running in tip-top shape! For your keyboard, please clear cache from the keyboard by going to Settings, Apps, All. Keyboard will be listed normally under keyboard or multi-touch keyboard. For the whole phone running slow, I would follow the previous commenter's suggestion in checking to see what applications are running and closing the ones you don't need. You can also try booting into safe mode Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy S® III to see if the phone is still running slow in safe mode. If it is running better in safe mode, a 3rd party app may be conflicting with the software. If still no change in safe mode, I suggest a factory reset.

I hope that helps!

VZW Support
^MSF

OP
I

illustions

Reaction score
thnx so much I notice wen I have the SWYPE keyboard its wen my keyboard lags ill jst go back to my the standard keyboard for now bt it started after the update as for my fone runing slow it has improved a lil bit after deleting the weather bug app and ...one more question wen I click on a link no action is taken no window opens or anything I have to click n hold then open but not to all links this ben going on before the update ive done a factory rezet due to that and still no luck on the link problem.I apologize for my ignorance on all this

OP
I

illustions

Reaction score
shortly after the post my keyboard kept freezing I was not able to post or txt ..I did a factory reset hopefully this resolved everything ..this is frustrating since nver has happened till the update

Battsman

Reaction score
If the lag issue is with your keyboard only (e.g.: swype keyboard) then try clearing the keyboard data:
Home Screen>Menu Button>Settings Menu>Application Manager>Select the "All" Tab>Swype>Clear Data button>OK

You will have to go through the Swype introduction screens again the first time you use it again, but after that - boom! keyboard loads immediately - no more annoying lags.

My assumption is that the customizations stored in the Swype data file get a little too long and it starts taking longer and longer to load.

OP
I

illustions

Reaction score
so I got the latest update from.zvn nothing has changed from my keyboard it comes and goes so now im jst gonna root it since my screen crack voids warranty plus less bloatware and make my fone much better with customizable options thnx for the help much appreciated