[Follow-Up] Hands-On Video with Samsung's New TecTiles NFC Tags

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 13, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Here is a cool follow-up article to our previous one about the new Samsung TecTiles NFC Tags. Phandroid did a video showing off the ease-of-use and some of the capabilities of this cool new smart-tech. I gotta get me some of these!

Source: Phandroid
  2. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Wonder how many settings can be set with one NFC tag. I like the idea of being able to scan one when I go to bed to silence my phone. To me though the price is way too high.
  3. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

You think that $15 bucks for 5 tags & a free app is too high? What would be an affordable option to you? :)
  4. acousticshade

acousticshade New Member

Seriously, these will probably drop in price significantly in about a year when most people have NFC capable smartphones and they start selling like hot cakes. For business use, these are a no-brainer. I WANT these on my business cards. Heck, combined with a modified version of Siri I can see these replacing an office receptionist! Just go up to the front desk and swipe your phone across it to call up a special web page. "Who do you want to see today, Mr. Bond?" "Ahh, Mr. Anderson is not currently in, would you like to leave him a message?"

So many cool possibilities.