1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Follow-Up] Hands-On Video with Samsung's New TecTiles NFC Tags

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 13, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Here is a cool follow-up article to our previous one about the new Samsung TecTiles NFC Tags. Phandroid did a video showing off the ease-of-use and some of the capabilities of this cool new smart-tech. I gotta get me some of these!

Source: Phandroid
  2. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Wonder how many settings can be set with one NFC tag. I like the idea of being able to scan one when I go to bed to silence my phone. To me though the price is way too high.
  3. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

You think that $15 bucks for 5 tags & a free app is too high? What would be an affordable option to you? :)
  4. acousticshade

acousticshade New Member

Seriously, these will probably drop in price significantly in about a year when most people have NFC capable smartphones and they start selling like hot cakes. For business use, these are a no-brainer. I WANT these on my business cards. Heck, combined with a modified version of Siri I can see these replacing an office receptionist! Just go up to the front desk and swipe your phone across it to call up a special web page. "Who do you want to see today, Mr. Bond?" "Ahh, Mr. Anderson is not currently in, would you like to leave him a message?"

So many cool possibilities.