folders.

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Is there anyway to edit the name of folders on the home screen? I want one to say games. I tried better cut but it wont edit folders.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is there anyway to edit the name of folders on the home screen? I want one to say games. I tried better cut but it wont edit folders.
Long press the foldername when it is open and you'll be good to go.

I had the exact same problem not so long ago it seems:)

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
grab Apps Organizer from the Market. It's free. Great App for what you are looking for.

Apps Organizer v1.4.8 Application for Android | Tools

edit: disregard you were looking to change folder name not the folder...nonetheless check it out. You'll get some nice looking folders

I've heard abcorganizer is good too. Personally I like the eye-candy that ultimatefaves provides and recommend everyone give it a spin. (pun intended).
The demo gives you two carousels (up to 16 apps in each). I paid for the app to get more, plus more types of carousels.

ultimatefavesprodroid1.png

UltimateFaves for Android

Last edited:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
grab Apps Organizer from the Market. It's free. Great App for what you are looking for.

Apps Organizer v1.4.8 Application for Android | Tools

edit: disregard you were looking to change folder name not the folder...nonetheless check it out. You'll get some nice looking folders

I've heard abcorganizer is good too. Personally I like the eye-candy that ultimatefavs provides and recommend everyone give it a spin. (pun intended).
The demo gives you two carousels (up to 16 apps in each). I paid for the app to get more, plus more types of carousels.

ultimatefavesprodroid1.png

UltimateFaves for Android

I've been using abcOrganizer for some time. The renaming of the app and the process of moving from the free to the paid app are all rather confusing but it works well to organize apps, bookmarks, and contacts (abc, get it?) in panels accessed by a user-defined icon. Saves a lot of real estate if you like to see the background on your phone.

I've been somewhat suspicious of UltimateFaves simply because I've suspected it may be a battery drainer. I find it difficult to believe all that eye candy (if you take advantage of it) won't have a price. YMMV

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I noticed no difference on battery usage. You can have a shortcut for each of your carousels or just use the single launch icon, which I have tucked down in one of the 4 HelixLauncher spots. Then you swipe up across the ring of icons to move from the games carousel to the apps to the maps to the tools to the contacts, etc. I've got 5 screens with Helix and leave the middle two free for the ring on each screen. With 6 to 7 carousels with 6-16 apps in each I save a lot of space and can get to things quickly from any screen due to the helixlauncher anchor icon.