Folders not working on homescreens?

Jim_KT

Reaction score
I've run into an interesting issue with my Droid 2. Every now and then, folders added to the homescreen will fail to open up. Anyone experience this?

This has happened on both the OG MotoBlur, as well as LauncherPro Plus.

xandor

Reaction score
It happens to me from time to time. When I was just using stock, I had to restart the phone. With Launcherpro, at least there's a restart option to restart launcherpro and it lets me open them again.

OP
J

Jim_KT

Reaction score
Bummer.

I've tried restarting LPP, and to no avail. Thanks for the tip, though!

solar

Reaction score
I have the same issue! I have to restart whenever this happens. So annoying. it only happens with default folders it seems. folders created by apps such as App Manager don't seem to be affected.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
What are you guys using folders for? If for apps, then try apps organizer from the market. Always works, easy to use, has backup integrated into mybackup pro.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have it happen very rarely with folders on lpp but almost every day my weather widget fails to open...

dast

Reaction score
Same issue occasionally on my D2. Don't know of a solution. Sometimes folders on the home screen just won't open.

OP
J

Jim_KT

Reaction score
What are you guys using folders for? If for apps, then try apps organizer from the market. Always works, easy to use, has backup integrated into mybackup pro.

I used folders to organize my apps. Per your advice, I am giving Apps Organizer a try. So far, so good. Very easy to manage.

solar

Reaction score

apps organizer, is just as it says, for apps. Anything that doesn't fall into thaty category, such as shorcuts to certain system menus can't be added to it and if you want to keep it handy, you need a folder for it. It should work, it did on the D1 without blur.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

apps organizer, is just as it says, for apps. Anything that doesn't fall into thaty category, such as shorcuts to certain system menus can't be added to it and if you want to keep it handy, you need a folder for it. It should work, it did on the D1 without blur.

Sorry to hear about that...as it's name indicates, Apps Organizer is for apps, and does a better job than folders. :)

You might want to do a market search to see if there is something that handles shortcuts, etc.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you guys owe me...

FolderOrganizer ($1.38)

By the author of Apps Organizer. Launch it, go to Shortcuts tab, Menu>New Shortcut.

Create our shortcut, tap on it to label it as desired, and then create the folder shortcut on your home screen....

Looks like it'll solve your problems.

And also has an export/import option so it looks like you can back up/Restore your settings.

MICHAEL C

Reaction score
I guess I am not understanding the apps org. the problem stated was folders dont always open on the home page, i loaded apps org. and all it does is copy my entire apps page, which i could view by just hitting the up arrow on home page. I guess I though it was something i could put just the apps i want handy in it and have it always open when needed.. Or am I just confused? newbe.

vandums

Reaction score
I'm glad there is an organizer app, but that doesn't change the fact there is a bug that messes up regular folders. The ability to create and use folders it there for a reason and should work. They do not. The bug needs fixed, not ignored.

cellu1

Reaction score
Same problem. I put all my games into a folder and it will randomly stop opening. Have to reboot. I have other folders on the same screen, ie. google apps, and they will open even when the games folder will not. Why so random? Needs a fix.