Folder organizer apps?

xowktiger

Reaction score
What are some good folder organizer apps? I tried out Folder Organizer and Speed Dial, but neither were what I needed. The Folder Organizer failed in that I couldn't put folders in the FO folder, and Speed Dial, because it was limited to only 8 icons per. Are there any organizer apps that overcome these shortcomings?

richardsugg

Reaction score
I was just thinking about using App Organizer today. Does the desktop widget use much in the way of resources? How could I tell?

rcbjr2

Reaction score
I was just thinking about using App Organizer today. Does the desktop widget use much in the way of resources? How could I tell?

If you are thinking about using Apps Organizer, you might want to look at Folder Organizer because I believe that Folder Organizer is the "big brother" of Apps Organizer (in that it will do more folders and organizing). I use Folder Orgnizer and think it's great.

-Rich

Reaction score
Folder Organizer is great. you can put folders in other folders. Folders are organized by labels

richardsugg

Reaction score
yeah, but it looks like smart shortcuts does the same thing as the paid version of app/folder organizer.

rjax

Reaction score
Folder Organizer is great. you can put folders in other folders. Folders are organized by labels

Yeah, you can't DRAG a folder into a Folder Organizer folder/label, but you can have as many levels of nesting labels/folders as you want.

Say I have one big label/folder called Internet, and a smaller label/folder called Browsers. If I attach the Internet label to the Browser label/folder, then when I open the Internet label/folder, I'll see all the apps I've labeled "Internet" as well as the Browser label/folder, which I can then tap to see only the apps (or other items) that have the Browser label.

REMilk

Reaction score
yeah, but it looks like smart shortcuts does the same thing as the paid version of app/folder organizer.

With Folder Organizer, you can put bookmarks and shortcuts into the same folder; With Smart Shortcuts I could not put them in the same folder.

I am an advocate for FO.

Bob

OP
X

xowktiger

Reaction score
Are there any apps that mimic folders in that you can put folders within other folders? That is, if I wanted to get to wireless tethering I'd select Apps>Internet>Tether>Wireless Tethering.

rjax

Reaction score
Are there any apps that mimic folders in that you can put folders within other folders? That is, if I wanted to get to wireless tethering I'd select Apps>Internet>Tether>Wireless Tethering.

Like I said above...

Yeah, you can't DRAG a folder into a Folder Organizer folder/label, but you can have as many levels of nesting labels/folders as you want.

Say I have one big label/folder called Internet, and a smaller label/folder called Browsers. If I attach the Internet label to the Browser label/folder, then when I open the Internet label/folder, I'll see all the apps I've labeled "Internet" as well as the Browser label/folder, which I can then tap to see only the apps (or other items) that have the Browser label.

Cassdroid

Reaction score
folder org is the shizzle.. period... and so what if its not free !!! really people spend 4 bucks on a shot or a cup o joe..but dont want to spend 2 bucks on an app they can use without limits..that someone spent god knows how much of their time on.......my 2 cents rant off